Best Rated threads in Dodge Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

slant 6 static timing
I've lost the timing on my 72 Dart slant 6. Any suggestions on how to static time this with it's electronic ignition. It's been down for a while as shortly after I "upgraded" to the super 6 it stopped...
2
2

mystery big block
I have a '75 duster with a non original big block in it which I was told by the shop I bought it from was a 400 (they did not install it, they accquired it with the engine in it). However, the guy at...
4
4

Crank Sensor Location? Plymouth Voyager
Hello. Where is the crank position sensor located on a 1997 Plymouth Voyager Van with 3.0 litre engine? Is it easy to replace? Thank you.
8
8

Need source for an upstream (bank 1?) O2 sensor for a 04 Dodge Caravan (3.8L)
Need source for an upstream (bank 1?) O2 sensor for a 04 Dodge Caravan (3.8L) The problem seems to be that this year and only this year model needs a heater resistor with a cold range of 2.1 to 2.7...
5
5

1999 Chrysler Town/Country LXI
For several months my van randomly drops into a lower gear or won?t shift to the next gear. I then pull off the road & cut it off for a minute or so & start again. This seems to fix it until the next...
1
1

2002 Intrepid
Glenn, 2000 Intrepid 2.7L, 79k miles Trouble Code: P0441 I tightened the gas cap and cleared the codes. The MIL went out. I now have no codes in the display of my scan tool, yet, but I do have...
8
8

01 Straus Spindle knuckle broken
The other day my wife was driving her 2001 Stratus when it began to swerve violently, spun her around and into a fence. Thank God she was not injured. I eventually found the drivers side rear...
8
8

Ruined my Grand Voyager
The thing was one it's way out, anyway, but I tried to change thw water pump, and broke the tensioner bolt off...also broke a bolt off on the water pump... Well the steering was getting wonky, so I...
2
2

Centering an engine
I know from my experience with my old 2.2 turbo Dodges that centering the engine is important to prevent premature failure of the drive shafts and vibration. That was with equal length half-shafts. My...

1993 Plymouth Check Engine Light error code
Hello, I have a 1993 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0L V6 w/ Automatic transmission. This evening the check engine light came on. I obtained the error code by doing the self diagnosis where you rev the engine up,...

90 Caravan no voltage fuel pump problem
I just replaced the fuel pump on my 1990 Caravan 3.3L. Tested the old pump with a good battery and tested the new pump before installing it. The old pump was bad and the new worked good. Still won't...
2
2

Coolant/Antifreeze for Chrysler/Dodge/Plymputh
I have three Chrysler products: 2000 Town and Country, 2001 Dodge Neon R/T and 2005 Charger and the owner's manual for all three states: "use only Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 5 years/100,00 mile...
6
6

dodge avenger stopping/ gas pedal sticking
HELP. My 98 dodge avenger has been running fine. had trans rebuilt in Jan 06. On my way home today, I was at a stop sign and it just cut off. The gas pedal was stuck. I restarted the car, push hard on...
17
17

2000 Dodge Caravan - Overheated - Fault Code P0118
I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan with 95,000 miles. I was driving in stop and go traffic and pulled into a fastfood drive up lane when the temperature light came on and the engine temperature spiked. I...
1
1

1995 Cirrus 2.5L: ongoing OBD problems
1995 Chrysler Cirrus Lx, 2.5L V6, automatic, 58K miles Update: currently PCM codes set are 44 - battery temp sensor voltage circuit 22 - ECT sensor voltage out of range and, the coolant temp guage...
1
1

95 neon rolls in park!?!?!?!?!?
my neon rolls while in park also it won't start in park only in neutral, it just started happening today. about a month ago i had shifter and detent cables replaced because they had seized, could this...
2
2

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport starting problem
Currently about half the time, when I try to start my van, the key won't turn in the ignition. I tried both keys that came with the van (bought new), as well as a spare. Interior lights, head lights...
11
11

2003 Neon Flickering Lights
I am having some problems with my 2003 Neon. My headlights flicker, dome light and dashlights all flicker when the headlights are on. It is almost like there is a loss of power. I had the alternator...
3
3

1996 Dodge Intrepid Analog Speedometer needle stuck
I own a 1996 Dodge Intrepid. My battery died, I got a jump start and was getting the car home. During the ride home, the dashboard cluster was shutting down and turning back on, the speedomoter needle...

Manual Transmission for Stratus 2.5L V6
I really like my Stratus ES V6, but I wish it had a 5-speed manual transaxle. I have close to 117,000 miles on it now and don't expect the auto-transaxle to get me past 150,000. Given the cost to...
3
3