Coolant/Antifreeze for Chrysler/Dodge/Plymputh

I have three Chrysler products: 2000 Town and Country, 2001 Dodge Neon R/T and 2005 Charger and the owner's manual for all three states: "use only Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 5 years/100,00 mile formula,P/N5011764AB or equivalent". Now my questions are:

1) Is Zerex G-05=AE Antifreeze/ Coolant Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) equivalent to Mopar antifreeze and safe to be use in these cars? 2) How about Evans NPG+ waterless coolant? The last and most important question: 3) Why can I not use just water with some rust and cavity inhibitort add like Prestone additive? Since I live in Texas I don't have to be worry about frozen temperature: never lower than 40=BAF. I know the coolant/antifreeze increase the boling point for around 50=BA but, for what? The normal coolant/antifreeze temperature in a car in heavy traffic is around 200=BAF, if a car pass that limit is because something is wrong and have to be fix then why is good to increase the boiling point? I am originary from South America and I am still driving cars in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador and in this countries automoviles use just water without problems even driving from the sea level to 20,000 feet over sea level where the water boiling point point is much lower than 212=BAF.=20 Julio
Reply to
JuliofromHouston
1) Is Zerex G-05® Antifreeze/ Coolant Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) equivalent to Mopar antifreeze and safe to be use in these cars?

YES

2) How about Evans NPG+ waterless coolant?

NO

The last and most important question:

3) Why can I not use just water with some rust and cavity inhibitort add like Prestone additive?

Because acids will occur and eat your engine from the inside out.

Julio

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
JuliofromHouston

While it's true that the overall coolant temperature may only be 200 degrees or a bit more, the temperature will be much higher in the actual water jackets in the block and heads. You don't want the coolant boiling in those areas, causing uneven cooling and coolant loss. This is especially true in modern engines which produce more horsepower per liter than ever before, and are manufactured with more efficient use of materials (thinwall designs) and increasing use of aluminum. You need a high temperature coolant to protect the engine.

Reply to
Marcus

Reply to
JuliofromHouston

It's not advisable to use water in ANY of todays cars. Todays radiators to a remarkable job, but they are for the most plastic they DO NOT tolorate steam pockets that would be caused by water or even a low coolant level. It weakens the plastic tanks

Reply to
sqdancerLynn
1) Is Zerex G-05® Antifreeze/ Coolant Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) equivalent to Mopar antifreeze and safe to be use in these cars? 2) How about Evans NPG+ waterless coolant? The last and most important question: 3) Why can I not use just water with some rust and cavity inhibitort add like Prestone additive? Since I live in Texas I don't have to be worry about frozen temperature: never lower than 40ºF. I know the coolant/antifreeze increase the boling point for around 50º but, for what? The normal coolant/antifreeze temperature in a car in heavy traffic is around 200ºF, if a car pass that limit is because something is wrong and have to be fix then why is good to increase the boiling point? I am originary from South America and I am still driving cars in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador and in this countries automoviles use just water without problems even driving from the sea level to 20,000 feet over sea level where the water boiling point point is much lower than 212ºF. Julio
Reply to
ldenn2