Latest threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carburetor EGR port question
Does anyone have any idea how much vacuum should develop at an EGR port on a carburetor with the engine revved to about 2000rpm? I installed a brand spanking new Holley 2280 carburetor on my 87 Dodge...
68
68

how to remove front shocks 2004 3500 ram
I just bought new shocks for my 2004 3500 4x4 and started looking at them and noticed it looks like you can only get to one side of the shock mount on the bottom through a hole on the front how do you...
1
1

another question on fuel lift pump CTD 2001
I just swapped out the lift pump, and I was wondering if the new pump needs to be primed in some way, or will it self prime without damaging itself? Thanks Bill
8
8

Air Bag light and buzzer dinging
I had to unplug the passenger airbag to replace the dash top piece ($300!!). I plugged back in of course and now every time I start the truck the bell dings a few times and the bag lite is on in the...
7
7

noise when turning
2004.5 2500 CTD 85,000 miles when I make low speed turns, I get what sounds like a clunking noise. As if something were rubbing, It is a multiple sound, clunk , clunk, clunk Any one have an idea, I...
4
4

Noise Sounds Like Dragging Muffler
I have a 2001 Dakota and it is making a noise from behind the cab somewhere that sounds like I'm dragging my muffler (metal on the road sound) or something rattling under the bed. Nothing is dragging...
9
9

1999 Dodge van engine noise
I finally got around to replacing the water pump on my '99 V6 ram 1500 van.. I have never seen a water pump eroded so badly... it even eroded the timing cover a bit...... anyway, while i was there, I...
1
1

A Testimonial to a 318
My 92 318 Dakota was approaching 220K miles and oil consumption was becoming a major problem. In fact, it was smoking and spark knocking so bad that I was ashamed to drive it. I bought a 2002 RT 360...
7
7

3.7L oil filter
1st oil change on my 2008 Dakota 3.7L. Owner's manual says filter # 05281090, so I go buy me a Mopar oil filter # 05281090 and some oil and start into it. Lo and behold, the factory filter is...
3
3

RANCHO RS9000XL
Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks I'm thinking abought putting these on my 2004 3500 4x4 whats your thoughts?
1
1

Update to 01 dakota brakes grabbing
Here is a previous post I made a few weeks ago... I just replaced the rotors and pads on my 01 dakota quad cab 3.9 last summer.I noticed it before,but even more since I changed them that there seems...
4
4

First truck ... the truck computer says I'm getting 8.4 mpg?
Just purchased a 2000 dodge 2500 with a 360 v8, 265x75x16 tires, quad cab, 8' bed, I was thinking about the diesel but since it would be used just one in a while, I went the gas engine route. I...
10
10

? on changing out fuel transfer pump on 2001 CTD
Never done this before, and read the procedure in a factory manual. As part of their procedure, they show removing the starter first. Their verbiage makes it sound like the reason for that is just to...
2
2

96 dodge 8 ft bed on a 87 dodge pickup
Anyone know if this combo will work. Concerned if the wheel wells will match up over the wheels. Any other problems? Thanks,

Steering slack - 1997 Dakota
Anybody know what creates the problem with slack in the steering of a vehicle? Multiple different possibilities I imagine, right? Barry
2
2