Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

location of mechanical oil pressure gauge
I own a 2003 2500 ext van with a 5.2 litre that after a few minutes the alarm and oil pressure factory gauge sayes that i have no oil any one know where to hook up a oil pressure mechanical guage so i...
4
4

Delo 400 vs. Delvac
Are there any studies out there that compare Chevron's Delo 400 to Mobile's Delvac diesel oils? I usually run Delo, but in my last discussion about synthetic oils, someone mention Delvac. I am about...
1
1

'97 2500 4x4 front end goes -clunk-
My front end is making a clunking sound. It happens half a second before I come to a complete stop and happens again with a half second or so of taking off. The steering tends to wander a bit as it...
12
12

New Gears? - 04 Ram 1500 4x4
I'm still working the problems from my last post reguarding the cruise, front end alignment and vibrations. I'm getting ther, but need advice on new gear ratios. I went from stock 245/70 17s to...
9
9

98 Dakota, differential gear ratios
On a '98 Dakota 3.9L Magnum, to change from a 3:55 to a 3:92 rear end is it a matter of changing the ring and pinion gears, or does it require a complete axle assembly? Driveshaft? Frank
3
3

back pressure damage from clogged catalytic converter?
I posted this to this morning, and got no response, so thought I'd try it here.... 1989 Dodge B250 van, 318 auto. 188,000 miles..... I have noticed a big drop in power in the past few months, but it...
14
14

Dodge Ram Steering Rack and Wheel Alignment Problems
Hi, I am new here. I have an '03 Ram 2wd quadcab with about 50K miles on it. The steering rack starting leaking and I had the dealer replace it under my extended warranty. When they installed it, they...

Tranny shifting late, P1756 code
2001 Ram QC 1500 felt like it's either slipping a bit in first or just very delayed shifting to 2nd. I get a P1756 Govenor Pressure error code. Digging around on the internet leads me to believe this...
5
5

1995 Dodge Ram with Engine Codes 37 & 45
I have a 1995 Dodge RAM 1500 Pickup VIN 1B7HC16Y7SS340024 with Engine Codes 37 & 45. My truck does not have OVERDRIVE anymore and the transmission chatters somewhat going from 1st to 2nd gear...

Dodge Dakota overheating
x-no-archive:yes My brother has I think a 2002 Dodge Dakota with a 6 cyl engine. He says it started running hot then the check engine light came on. He said there are no leaks. I am assuming it is the...
8
8

Efficient methods of parting out a vehicle
I've decided to part out my 89 D50 Ram, rather than repair the engine. I'm wondering if there is a way to do a reverse look up for auto parts. I want to know which models/years or what other vehicles...
6
6

Dakota Bogging down on acceleration or on hills...
My Dakota (1990 V6) keeps bogging down if you don't accelerate extremely slowly. It doesn't like to go more than about 35 unless you are on a slight downslope, and hills are horrible (semi-trucks pass...
6
6

Heater blower motor issue
I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan and the heater blower will only work on the high setting. On any other setting the blower will not work at all. Does anyone have a clue to what I need to do to fix...
2
2

Is Odometer "rollback" still possible?
What's possible and what's not in the world of odometer rollback these days? RE: Digital odometers can they be rolled back or can they pretty much be trusted? What about the devious owner who just...
6
6

1979 Dodge RV tranny replacement.
I have a 1979 Dodge RV, 440 engine, and the tranny is almost shot. I have been offered a tranny from a late '60's Dodge with a 360 engine. Will it just switch out, and will it handle the RV with a...
7
7

1991 B350 Speedometer problem HELP
Hello, I am driving a 1991 Dodge 1 ton van that has a speedometer problem that I cannot figure out. When the Ignition is turned to the run positinon the needle on the speedometer goes all of the way...

2003 Ram diesel auto slamming into 2nd gear at 80mph on freeway!
My 2003 Ram diesel automatic has had this problem before and under warranty they "fixed" it (don't know what they did/didn't document it.) Now we're way out of warranty and it has started again. I'll...
23
23

Keyless Entry -- Does my truck have it?
I recently bought a used 2003 Ram 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 5.9l diesel. I only got one black key. No remote key-fob. How do I tell if the truck has a keyless entry? Can I check to see if there is a...
2
2

2004 speedometer twitch
Anyone have a problem with a speedometer twitching on a 2004 Dodge ram 1500? When The truck is stationary, the speedometer twitches between 0-10 mphs. Robert Prejazz at hotmail dot com
1
1

flapping noise near tire
Any ideas what this is? My 99 Dakota has been making a noise at the front left tire....I can only describe it as a "flapping" noise (at least thats the sound when I'm going fast enough, like over 30...
11
11