Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

93 dodge dakota wont idle
I am the proud owner of a `93 dodge dakota. 3.9 v6 The vehicle runs and idles ok when cold, as it warms up it stalls when put into gear and as it gets up to running temp it has trouble even cranking...
1
1

2002 Grand Caravan, electrical problem
(orginally posted to but I don't think that all news feeds include that group) Intermittenly, all electrical accessories cut out simultaneously: blowers, radio, wipers, windows. Usually just for a...
3
3

ABS/PARKING Brake Light
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 4WD 1500. The ABS and Brake light on the dash will not go out. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the brakes. I have checked the front and rear brakes and both are...
19
19

99 Dodge Ram heater core
I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 quad cab, 318 auto, and ac ,with a leaky heater core. I was wondering if anyone can tel me what all is involved in replacing the heater core. thanks in advance
1
1

UPDATE: 99 ram rear end noise
Well, we got the ram back... the shudder and noise turned out to be rear end, again... Last year, when we had the horrible howling noise, the dealer replace all the seals, bearings, etc., but not...
12
12

Battery box size
I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 4WD truck. The first battery I replaced int his truck was pretty large. It filled the batter box and had no spacer on the bottom. The two replacements I've had since...

1994 Dodge Dakota turn signal/brake lights issue
Hi, Have a problem here - would appreciate any troubleshooting. Passenger side turn signals/brake lights don't work. 1) Since it is on that side only, shouldn't be the bulbs. I replaced those tonight...
7
7

1999 Dodge RAM 1500 would not start
About 55,000 miles. 5.9 liter engine. I have started having problems recently. Sometimes, it would crank, but would not start. Then, sometimes, if I "reboot" it by disconnecting battery for a minute,...
14
14

97 B2500 Van front end self alignment
My 97 van is out of alignment again. These roads are wicked in winter (and spring). The tires are wearing on the outside (both sides). This happened quite often with my '88 full-sized van also. Is...
6
6

Differential plug gone
I purchased a 2004 Dakota 4x4 about a year ago. Put about 11,000 km on it since then. Currently has about 48,000 km. Noticed today that the plug/stopper from my rear axle differential was missing....
39
39

5.9 Cummins Belt Squeal
Hi Group! Have been having a squealing noise coming out of the front right side of my 99 CTD. Each time the belt is changed the squeal goes away for awhile but seems to always return. On the third...
5
5

Recommended spark plugs for 5.9L
Its been a while since I had a chance to read any discussions in this group and I'll apologize from the start if this starts something that it wasn't meant to start I have a 96 Ram CC 2WD with the...
9
9

Dakota automatic transmission whine
I have a 01 Dakota R/T with about 36k miles on it. During the weekend the transmission started making an abnormal whine at low speed. It sounds like a steering pump going out or an import car in...

FUEL LEAK, CUMMINS 98 12V, ABOVE THE STARTER AND BELOW THE FUEL/WATER SEPARATOR...HELP!
Guys, Fuel leak between the starter and fuel/water separator on 98' 12V motor. Anyone know if this is a no-brainer? I've washed the area with degreaser and rinsed and dried, but haven't started it yet...
10
10