Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

5.9 auto to 5spd swap - flywheel/trans choice?
Project - Replace the 46RE in my 98 5.9/auto/4WD ZJ with a 5spd from a 98 5.9/5spd/4WD Ram (or Dakota?) Build is for street performance, not off road use. Probably won't be mega horsepower, maybe 400...
10
10

Hemi burning oil
Hello All, Well, I finally gave up on my '94 1500 4x4 Ram in January and bought a leftover 2005. I got a great deal on 1500 Ram 4 x4 Thunderroad with a Hemi, 11,500 off of sticker. I currently have...
21
21

1994 dodge dakota doesnt shift into overdrive
Hey, My dodge dakota will not shift into overdrive. I bought it off of a kid and the torque converter was locked up. so i replaced the torque converter. it took off fine until i was on the highway for...

1996 RAM outside temperature display problem in overhead console.
I have a 1996 RAM 1500 Laramie SLT with the overhead console that show temperature and direction. The temperature readout says OC or maybe 0C and the US/Metric button doesn't seem to do anything now....
6
6

malfunction indicator light
02 ram 4.7. light came on. the manual doesn't really explain what that light does or what causes it to come on. anything i can do to check for to make it go off. how do i get it to go off. before i go...
5
5

Can I tow a Toyota 4Runner
Hello all, I own a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Specs: 4x4 5.2L (318) Automatic transmission Hitch is the factory bumper hitch (Class III I think?) Axle ratio (unknown) Tow package is installed...
19
19

will axle mount of a 2500 or 3500 fit on 1500?
I was wondering if I could use axle from 2500 or 3500 dodge ram 4x4 to put on my 1500 dodge ram. Will the mounting fit? Or I will have to do some welding to make adjustment. I honestly don't see why...
19
19

transmission identification 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 5.9l engine 2W
I am getting ready to do a transmission fluid change including band adjustment. The manual is talking about a 46RE or 47RE transmission. There is a slight difference in the number of turns of the band...
3
3

Ram van engine clciking under acceleration
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500, and it has recently developed a clicking noise to the right of the engine when the engine is under acceleration. Not apparent when the engine is idling or not under a...
3
3

Engine does not reach running temperature
I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup. I have recently replaced the thermostat because my temperature gauge never got above 135-140 degrees. I installed a 195 degree thermostat and STILL the temperature...
5
5

How much weight will a srt 10 haul
Hi What difference is there between a quad cab 1500 5.7 hemi and the same truck with the V10 in it. Will the srt only cope with a lighter load ?. Thanks
7
7

Detroit TrueTrac in a Ram 1500
I posted last summer about a limited slip rear to replace the stock open rear. I received a few suggestions, including going with an Auburn, but not sure with the cone design, etc. Just to followup, I...
8
8

2002 dodge 1500 4.7 l oil spraying all over Please help!!!
Hi there, I have a Dodge 1500 4 by 4 truck with a 4.7 magnum. I went for a short trip today, and when we stopped, I smelled an oil smell. I opened the hood and there was oil ALL OVER the DRiver's...
1
1

FAULT CODE P0533
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and it shows a code of P0533. I know this is related to my A/C and I can tell you that my A/C does not work as good at I think it should. Can anyone let me know how to fix...
1
1

98 Dodge Ram Won't start
The other morning I went out the start my 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4. It wound not strart. It turned over just find. It was very cold and damp out. My coworkers and I pushed it into a warm hangar. I attempted...
2
2

89 raider no spark
have a 89 raider 3.0 it just died during warmup .no fire out of coil replaced with a new one nothing changed .it turns over great. any help would be appreciated
3
3

2003 Dodge Ram Diesel ***Need help with DTC's***
I have 11 DTC's stored in my pcm. I was able to flash them and record what they are. Now I just need someone with a service manual to tell me what each code is. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
12
12

01 Dakota 4.7 with antifreeze smell
I'm not sure but, I think my 01 Dakota with 4.7 has a head gasket leaking. I have looked under the hood and can't find any leaks and it seems like the smell is worse when I first start it in the...
9
9

Chrysler/Infinity Amp
I am trying to find out the wattage on a Chrysler/Infinity amp. Part # is 56043072AF. Amp also has 36670C next to the Infinity logo. This amp came in 2000 Dakotas. Any help would be appreciated.
2
2

1996 Dodge Ram rear axle noise....
Anyone know what would cause a mild grinding noise only at low speed from the center of the rear-end on a '96 Ram 1500? From inside the cab the sound seems to be coming from all directions but upon...
10
10