Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

01 Dakota hard start
I have a 01 Dakota 4.7L auto trans. Hard as ever to start cold. sometimes hard to start even warm. I have to crank it 3 or 4 times as a norm, unless I shut it off and start it within a couple minutes....
10
10

4.7L Longevity ?
Howdy. I'm contemplating purchasing a used truck with the 4.7L V8. How long to these engines typically last? Just an average ballpark - I realize it has way more to do with maintenence. For example, I...
5
5

Spark plug torque value for 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Van, V8 5.2L
I am sorry for posting this again. Forgot to mention that I am looking for the spark plug torque value. The Haynes manual says its 30 Ft-Lbs and it looks a bit on the higher side to me. Can anybody...
9
9

2002 dodge ram 1500 can't open hood, cable broken at hood latch, help
I had to replace the battery in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. When I released the hood latch in the cab of the truck I noticed it released but did not spring back like it usually did. I opened the hood and...
2
2

Jet Performance Chips
Hello group, I have a 2005 Dakota w/ the 3.7L and automatic. I live in Minnesota and in this cold weather my trucks really sucks the gas down, I get about 10.5-11.5 mpg. I was looking for ways to...
4
4

1999 Dodge Ram V8 5.9L 4X4 SPORT Tranny noise?
Hello All, I am by no means a mechanic, however, I would like some input before I go to a mechanic to get my truck checked out. I am not totally convinced that my issue is 100% a transmission issue,...
10
10

Color of Wire - Backup light, '06 Ram 2500
I'm trying to install a backup sensor on a 2006 Ram 2500 diesel, which has to splice into the backup light. I *have* determined that the backup light is not on the white and green wire; that would...
3
3

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Radio Code
Hi My dad has a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500; he recently disconnected the battery when working on his truck and since putting it back in we cannot get the radio to work. We have called the person who sold us...
7
7

Rear end ratios 3.21 vs 3.92
I'm considering a new Dakota and was wondering whether to go with a 3.92 or the standard 3.21 rear end. Most of my driving is city and I occasionally pull around 5-6K pounds, but not frequently. Will...
42
42

Cummins 5.9L diesel with biodiesel
I would like to know if anyone has had experience or knows whether biodiesel will compromise any seals or gaskets in a 2001 cummins 5.9L diesel. I want to use biodiesel in my truck to reduce...
18
18

2000 dodge ram engine control fuse
anybody have a clue why my engine control fuse would keep blowing? My truck recently died on the road, got it towed to a service station, turned out to be the fuse. they replaced it and the guy told...
9
9

MOPAR vs. NApA parts
Are mopar parts much better than napa parta? especially axle bearings thanks
2
2

electric brake controller 2001 Dodge dakota
Hello, I am trying to wire a electric brake controller into my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quadcab and I DON'T have the towing package. I have run a blue wire from my 7 pin round connector in the back to the...
10
10

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Overdrive light comes on
My O/D lamp lights and the transmission comes out of overdrive while driving at highway speeds (typically 60-70 mph). This behavior just began today, I am not towing and the ambient temperature is...
2
2

Problems with high miles on a Dodge Ram?
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram and it has 90,000 miles on it. It is the 5.9 L and is 4wd. I have done very little towing with this beast. No major problems to date. One of my friends has pointed out to me a...
21
21

Tranny Temp Sensor
I'd like to add a tranny temp gauge to my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.7L Hemi w/545RFE trans) to monitor temps while towing my travel trailer. I'm leaning toward installing the sensor in the hot-side...
5
5

5th wheel Towing Limits w/3500 Dually
I'm getting mixed information, so I thought I'd ask the experts in this group. The wife and I are looking at possibly purchasing a Holiday Rambler "Presidential" model 36SKQ 5th wheel trailer....
21
21

44RE Transmission interchange
I have a lot of miles on my 44RE Transmission IN A 97 DAKOTA 4x4 with 5.2 eng. & wondered if a later model like the 45RFE or a 46RE would work. Or is it too much trouble? The 45RFE is out of a 2002...
3
3

2002 Dodge Dakota Defroster Not Working
On my 2002 Dodge Dakota the defroster is not blowing on the dash. All other settings work and blow where it is supposed to. Typically I thought by default if there is a vacuum issue it defaults to the...

Cummins Diesel Compatible With Loadflite 727?
I have a Dodge Motorhome with a 440-3 and a 727 Lodeflite transmission. It is my understanding that the Lodeflight is internally a completely different transmission than a Torqueflite 727. The...
7
7