Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dodge RAM 1500 timing belt/chain - need to replace it regularly?
Hi there -- I have a Dodge RAM 1500 quad cab 4x4, and I'm wondering about your opinions on whether I need to replace the timing belt/chain (not sure if it's a belt or chain) at a specified point in...
8
8

Dodge RAM 1500 maintenance - suggestions?
Hi there -- I have a 2003 Dodge RAM 1500, and someone told me recently I should get the timing belt and water pump replaced (even though there's nothing wrong with them - or anything else on the truck...
4
4

2000 dodge ram 1500 quad cab rear door problem
Hi everyone. My husband is having a problem opening the rear door on his truck. The bottom latch will not disengage so the door will not open. He removed the inside door panel, checked the rod that...
6
6

P0455 code fixed, or not likely?
Had my truck in for service today, as the muffler was rusted through and the rest of the system didn't look too good either. Since I had it in to an exhaust expert, I had them look for the cause of...
27
27

High Volume Oil Pump vs. Standard Oil Pump?
I have to replace some rod bearings and while I am in the motor, I mught as well do it right. As far as a new oil pump goes, they show 2. One being a high volume pump tha says it pumps 25% more oil....
10
10

2005 Dodge Computer Codes
Does anyone know of a source to decode the c-codes for a 2005 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab, 5.7 lt Hemi, 4x4? I use the following procedure and the instrument cluster gives me two digit codes: 1. Open driver...
3
3

Broken seat recliner repair
Hi, Does anyone have any info on how to repair the passenger seat on my 98 Ram Quad cab? The seat was leaned forward and when I lifted the side lever to recline the seat back the cable broke inside...
1
1

Towing with Ram 1500- has anyone done it?
I have a 2003 Ram 1500 4x4 QC, with the 4.7 liter engine. It has the tow package with the 3.92:1 limited-slip differential. I did not buy this truck with the intention of towing anything but now I...
13
13

Dodge Ram Low Oil Pressure
Have a Dodge with 130K miles. Just had all new SYN Oil and lube done and was on the highway about 2 weeks later and the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero. The Check Engine light came on and we pulled...
26
26

Save to store gas in truck tool box?
I have an aluminum truck tool box in my truck bed and I was wondering if it is ok to store a 1 gallon plastic blitz gas can in it. The box isn't completely air tight and there should be enough...
4
4

No spark or start-87 Dodge Dakota Test PU Mod and/or spark control mod
1987 Dodge Dakots 3.9L V-6 2x4 automatic 132000 mi Vehicle has run rough since purchased 4 months ago. Signs of gas leacking from intake manifold gasket. "pings" when going up a hill or grade or when...

Rear diff leak at driveshaft - how serious?
My truck (2001 Dakota 4x4) is leaking fluid out the rear diff, at the point the drive shaft goes in. It's certainly concerning, as it's bad enough it is wet underneath, and fluid is obvious flowing...
5
5

rear axle speed sensor failure... symptoms?
Poking around found the reliability ratings section... for my truck under brakes, it has "A periodic problem on this vehicle is failure of the Rear Axle Speed Sensor." What would the symptoms be? The...
9
9

Cummins Piston-to-Bore Clearance
Looking for information on the Piston-to-Bore clearance of the 5.9L Cummins. This is information that should be in the shop manual (if I had access to one). Need to know the clearance spec. and if...
8
8

Pulling Codes on 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI and am having a hard time pulling the diagnostic trouble codes from it. The MIL has come on and off a few times over the last couple weeks and I finally decided...
12
12

expected data 46RE governor pressure solenoid/sensor
2000 Dodge 1500 conversion van with 5.2L 46RE 3.55 and 96k miles Typical 46RE shifting symptoms.. jumps between 1-2 when shifting from 1 to 2 holds the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift (will hold the 2-3 shift...
4
4

Dodge Ram 1500 EGR Valve?
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 1/2 Ton with the 5.2L V8. I notice that when I accelerate or otherwise put the engine under load, I hear a sound like spark knock. Also, the truck feels "jerky" at times -...
5
5

2002 Dodge Durango Electric Radiator fan?
Hello, The Wife 2002 Dodge Durango (~52k miles) was complaining the the AC wasn't very cold when she first got in the car. When get got going it would be fine.. I checked the refrigerant level and it...
10
10

1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3.9L won't start
30
30

Dodge Durango - Max Tire Size with stock wheels?
I've got an '02 Dodge Durango 4x2 used 99% on-road as my daily driver. The original tires are shot and needing replaced. I like the look of slightly larger, beefier tires, but considering the...
5
5