Best Rated threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dakota - #5 misfire and spark plug problems
1997 Dakota 3.9L w/ 170k miles. Sorry in advance; for me to explain this thoroughly will require a lengthy post. Two years ago I did my 150k mile (and most recent) complete tuneup, and when I went to...
10
10

skim key not programmed
i have a dodge ram 2003 4.7L 4x4 i bought new computer but its giving p0633 code but i have a black key please send info anybody help
1
1

Excessive end-play in pinion-Ram 1500 4x4 Results
Some wanted to know how things turned out with my Ram rear differential problems with excessive play at the pinion. It turned out to be just an adjustment of the compression collar and tightening the...
7
7

Dakota 99 - "no bus" error
(sorry for my bad english - I speak french...) Hello, My father in law have a Dodge Dakota 1998, 5.2 L. His truck just stop and the error code "no bus" appear in the odometer. Her have to wait minutes...
2
2

NV3500 to HD or 2WD to 4WD case hybrid/combos?
Not sure if the title was the best way to phrase that. Looking for a close ratio 3500 for a swap into my 98 5.9 ZJ Jeep. The closest ratio NV3500s are the 3500HD and the Ram 2500LD 2WD 3500. (The...
5
5

5.2 vs 5.9
Long time lurker here, with a question. I currently have a 1999 Ram 1500 with a 5.2, 2 wd, auto, 150 k kilometers (93 K miles), basic truck with air and cruise. I'm pulling a 4800 pd. dry weight...
9
9

Generic oil seal installation tool vs. Dodge tool #6635 question
I'm preparing to replace the timing chain on my '99 Dodge Ram 5.9 gas engine, which also means replacing the front crankshaft oil seal. I have a generic oil seal installation tool kit that looks like...
3
3

2001 Dodge Dakota - ABS Light
Good morning, 2001 Dodge Dakota has the ABS light and the brake light ON. Any idea what I should be looking for to figure this one out... Steve
10
10

1999 Ram 1500 van -- won't crank.
Had the van for about 8 months now.. has been working fine. Put a few thousand miles on it so far.. One day, I went out to drive the thing and now the thing just gives a loud "click" when you hit the...
15
15

NV3500 Transmission
2003 4X4 1500 Quad Cab, 4.7 liter. I bought the truck new, and it now has almost 20,000 miles on it. The manual transmission has had a very audible whine, mostly in first and second gears, and very...
2
2

2001 Dakota A/C Problem
I am pretty sure my problem is the compressor,but I want more expert opinions before going ahead and buying one. I have an 01 Dakota,3.9L 65000 miles. The AC is blowing neutral to warm air.I checked...
9
9

Is a loose rotor normal?
Truck: 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4 (bought used 2003) The drivers side rotot is a little loose, it can move left to right a tiny bit and front to back a little also. It might have been there before, it...

1999 Dodge ram 2500 Diesel
I have a short bed Dodge Ram 2500 24valve diesel 4x4. I recently hit a telephone pole dead center. I replaced everything that was wrong. I did not have any problems with the brakes intill just...
8
8

Ram 1500 - horn blose continuously
1998 Ram 1500 QC 5.9L V-8 2wd 101,500 mi. Went to turn left into the Home Depot parking lot today and the horn began to blow continuously when I turned the steering wheel left and would not stop. Hit...
11
11

89 Ram 50 clutch adjustment
I have an 89 Ram 50 that runs fine eccept I've been having a problem getting the truck into gear. If I press the pedal to the floor I can get any gear, thats why I think its an adjustment. I've...

2006 Dodge Durango rough idle
I have a brand new 2006 Dodge Durango with less than 1,000 miles on it and when I am sitting idling the rpm's drop and it causes the engine to idle rough. But, it doesnt idle rough consistly only for...

97 Dodge Dakota 5.9L DLC Test Enable for MIL light?
On the 97 Dakota the manual states that you can still read the T'C's with the MIL light by turning the ignition off, on 3 times. The DLC connector diagram shows terminal 12 as the 'RWAL Diagnostic...

Replaced resistor pack a/c still does not work...
Hello again, I replaced the resistor pack in my 2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab and the a/c still refuses to come on. When i adjust the blender control i can hear it moving behind the dash and i can hear...
14
14

1997 Dodge Caravan gauge problem: Fixed?
1997 Dodge Caravan gauge not working: Fixed. It was a cracked hairline solder joint in the connector. 1. About two years ago, the gauges on our 1997 Caravan stopped working. 2. We had bought the car...

Transmission or Torque Converter problem?
98 Dodge truck 1500 4x4 Quad cab short bed, Gasoline 5.2L (318 ci.) 4-speed Auto w/overdrive with 60k mi. Bought the truck new in 98 - 1st year was ok. Started pulling a tiny tent trailer in 99 and...
6
6