Gas boycott? You gotta be kidding!!

People are trying to organize a gas boycott imo a waste of time.

Listen to this, it tells it why it won't work.

People don't really give a damn.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

The link is screwed up. Click on freepressinternational then type in boston legal in the search box. A thing of James Spader should come up.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Don't need to read it....

...it all boils down to the nation as a whole reducing our consumption and dependence on the product. Boycotts won't effect the price of fuel unless it's a boycott of OPEC imho.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

No, nein, nunca, never, not possible, nyet

Reply to
GeekBoy

You should , it is a video and is on the money.

No, it won't work because we as a people don't give a shit. I'm going to borrow some of the points on the video. not to be political. We went to war under false pretenes's, no wmd's . Nobody is that pissed off. We now send prisinors to other countries to be totrured, that's okay. We hold suspects for years without charges or trial, that's okay. If you demonstrate and are not in favor of the governments position or policy you are put someplace else to demonstrate, if you are in favor you can stay, thats okay. Notice that our government has banned all pictures of the flag drapped coffins coming home, that's okay. The government is and has been doing massive surrvalience on americans, wiretaps, the whole thing, that's okay. The New Oleans screw up that is ongoing, of course that's not mentioned anymore, thats okay.

We have imho, as country stuck our collective heads in the sand. We really don't give a damn!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roy, my friend, quoting political comments can only be done as a political statement.

But who's fault is it that the US doesn't care anymore?

Who killed God and /or kicked Him and His values out of society?

What generation decided there were too many laws then expects the government to hand them everything, run everything?

And don't forget, most of the data on WMD's came from the previous administration. The rest is the wonderful society OUR generation wanted.

So, who's fault is it?

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

The ones at fault are always the ones in power and making the decisions which happen to be the republicans, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

Didn't quote, only borrowed some points.

Most everbody's.

Not talking about God, talking about people not giving a shit and making any attempted boycott useless.

Hell of a thing when our government circumvents laws. For that matter the bill of rights.

You don't friggin' get do ya? It is not about the damn blame game!! It is about a society that continues to be lead and does nothing about it.

As I said everybody's. Government and citizen's alike imo.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Still, they are politically oriented which means they are a political comment / statement. Roy, I tried to do the same with Bible scriptures in another group and got ripped into for "prosyletizing".

At one time, you could have used those points in that manner, but today, it's not allowed, especially if you're a (conservative / Christian [pick one or both]).

I disagree. Before Madeline O'Hare sued to kick God out of schools, before schools were denied the right to discipline... heck, before PARENTS were denied the right to discipline, people cared. neighbors helped neighbors, you could stop to help someone without fear of carjacking. Do you remember being able to stop on nearly any porch as a kid when it rained and being stuffed with milk and cookies?

God was killed / kicked out...moral values destroyed / replaced with justification for actions... why care if no one is worth caring about because they are nothing?

And so it goes right down the drain. No values? So why fight for any rights or values or whatever?

It's like the business in the group a few days back over my name. No one else, because they don't have the values I have, could understand my side of it. Some didn't even want to try to understand, which says nothing for their values towards other people.

It all ties together.

It's a "Hell of a thing" when JFK didn't get caught at breaking laws, Clinton didn't get caught at breaking laws, ...shall I go on?

Until our government is held to a set of incorruptable values, held responsible to those values, which implies that the rest of the country, the true "government" of the US, is held to higher values, you're only gonna get what's available.

Now, show me a set of values that are more perfect than those in the Scriptures.

As long as the claim the war is wrong because there were no WMD's found, the source for the intelligence on the WMD's must also be recognized, the Clinton administration.

To heap blame on one person who acted on information from another is completely wrong. Would you want me to blame you for an argument between us if you were only acting upon info from a third party?

Agreed, but I don't see any kind of plan to correct the problem coming from the secular communities of the US. And the secularists don't want to hear the religious communities thoughts on the matter. Look how you said it wasn't about God.

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

Which God is the one that should be kept in schools? I do agree that values have gone down the tubes but it isn't from God being kicked out of schools. It's because people have decided everything is someone else's responsibility. Parents are the ones that have decided not to raise their kids and give the responsibility to government. Parents are the ones who decided that when their kids are bad it is someone else's fault so they won't be disciplined.

Reply to
miles

The funny thing here Budd is that the only one complaining and accusing is you.

Perhaps because some of those twisted beliefs are currently falling out of favor. It was the religious right that got our current idiot elected and they did themselves no favor there.

People change as the circumstances around them change. As the level of greed in this country escalates, the morals will decline.

Sorry Budd, but you are the master of justification.

We couldn't understand your side of it because it made no sense. If your real name or even full name was used you would have had a valid point but Budd is just a generic nickname that could be applied to anyone.

Oh yea, nobody from the right ever did anything wrong, LOL!

That goes for both sides Budd. Perhaps our current President and his staff should be held accountable for the many needless deaths he is responsible for.

Show me the reality where they could ever truly exist.

More complete bullshit and yet another case of the right refusing to accept responsibility for its actions. Any way to try and spin it Budd, he rushed us in there with his head up his ass, no battle plan, insufficient equipment, and no exit strategy and none of that can be blamed on anyone but himself.

You do it all of the time. If he is going to send us to war, then he had damn well be sure that his information was accurate and he didn't. Hell, the information comming in just before he sent us there was clearly showing that there were NO WMD's to be found, which is probably why he rushed us in to begin with.

Because it isn't.

Reply to
TBone

Only one God was ever considered worthy of death, JHVH.

Sorry, Miles, but without guidelines, there was no reason to stay moral.

And that is where I differ. I am responsible, for my actions, for my home, my city, my country. It's what my beliefs require of me.

True, and look where it's got us. Admittedly, in some cases, there wasn't much choice in order to live a chosen lifestyle, but then, look what they lost out on to have that life . . . .

No, that is the result of liberal psychologists, social workers, etc. hired and ordained by the government to raise those kids. They're the ones that say spanking is wrong, that schools can't punish offenders.

My kids were raised by Christian values and disciplines. Neither has ever been in serious trouble and in every case they took full responsibility.

Example: My eldest broke one too many driving laws and got caught. He was told to drive only to and from work but friends talked him into going to another town. He broke a law and got home arrest. I went with him to the hearing and the judge asked if I had any thing to say. I said ,"No, your Honor, I'm his transportation. He has to be responsible for his actions."

The courtroom went dead quiet. The judge commended me and asked me to sit down. When I turned around, I got dirty looks from all the young folks on the docket, half their parents ( the other half smiled and nodded) and from the court assigned social workers.

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

One doesn't need a God to have guidelines and morals. Why over the centuries has the guidelines been changed to suit the ever changing ways of society? The Catholic Church is a classic example of this. They bend and change the guidelines based on pressure from society to do so. Seems to me that God should decide those changes. I don't recall the Pope ever saying that he had a chat with God and here is what he said we should do.

I am one of 4 kids my parents raised. We were not raised under any religion. But we were taught very strong values and disciplines. None of us have ever been in serious trouble and we all take full responsibility. It does not take religion to have values and morals and be disciplined.

Reply to
miles

Everyone thinks the Catholic church is all of Christianity. It is not. It is far from being the Church established by the Disciples. I disagree with most of the Cathoilic tenets and I do not have to pray thru fifteen layers of sinful priests to be heard!!!

Good for them and for you, but you are the exception, not the rule.

Budd

***
Reply to
Budd Cochran

Does anybody see a pattern here????

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yes, the discussion went off topic. I saw that pattern years ago!

Reply to
miles

And for a pleasant change, I had almost nothing to do with it ;-)

Reply to
TBone

Hell, I'm looking forward to Budd Farwell going off on inky or dinky or whatever that little dolls name was. Damnit, we need some good moral values in this news group.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Jeez Tom, maybe you are finally ready for step two out of twelve.....

Reply to
Max Dodge

Maybe someday you might get even that far.

Reply to
TBone