Rusted out brake lines

In the last few months, I have had to replace four sections of brake line.....

130,000 miles on a 97 Ram 1500......

A word to the wise.....inspect your brake lines!

Reply to
Lineman

A better rule is to change your fluid every couple of years and to paint everything not painted by the factory BEFORE you drive it. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Yep, works for me too.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

And never park in the long grass.

Reply to
Advocate

Had to do the same thing (only 1 for me so far), same year and less miles. Funny how my 89 Nissan still has its original steel lines and there just fine. I guess that it's just another DC or at the time Chrysler method of increasing profits at the customers expense.

Reply to
TBone

Yup, couldn't have anything to do with the dozens of other variables, like conditions, design, aerodynamics under the truck, etc.

Has to be quality control and an effort to rip off the customer.....

Reply to
Max Dodge

Ya, dang greedy republican rich bastards huh? Hmm...my 93 Nissan Altimas brake lines leaked and had to be replaced. Must have been a fluke eh?

Reply to
miles

Funny how my '95 lines, in just as crappy weather, have managed to hold out for over 100K, with my just replacing the flex lines as a matter of PM (rather than necessity).

I think TBone's truck just doesn't like him.... go figure.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

My '95 is just over 100K and are just fine but they have been very easy miles, no salt from plowing snow, no dirt and mud from pulling wagons out of the fields ect. You all have never seen a truck babied such as mine.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Haulin' your fat ass around.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I knew there was a reason you have an oil burner and me a gasser......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Politics aside, of course it was greed. As for your brake lines, are we talking about the solid lines or the rubber ones and please define leak.

Reply to
TBone

Aerodynamics huh, LOL. Had both vehicles (Nissan much longer) parked in the same driveway, driven on the same roads under similar conditions. Actually, the Nissan went through worse since it delt with the salt covered slushy roads while the truck dealt with fresh snow most of the time with it's over a foot ground clearence compared to the nissans few inches. The lines on both vehicles are subject to direct exposure in places and yet, the Nissans are still holding up just fine. Care to try again, I could use the laugh.

Doesn't have to be but usually is, just like the sub-standard couplers on the steering shaft, lower quality bearings in the 9 1/4 rear, under designed ball joints on the Dakota, one piece in-tank pump and filter.....

Reply to
TBone

Well gee, I guess that I'm wrong, after all, 97 and 95 are the same year, right? Hey, wait a minute, you tried to fool me, they are not the same year but after all, nothing ever changes from one year to the next, right Tom!?!?! Funny, but the 93 doesn't look like mine and the steering wheel on the 98 doesn't have those damn horn buttons like my 97 does so I guess that things do change but there would never be a reason to make changes to increase profits now, would there. But hey, wait, didn't they merge (become acquired) by Daimler shortly after 97 and the better they look (higher profits), the more money they (board members) get but we all know that these things only take a few weeks from conception to hammer out and the boards only concern is customer happiness even at their personal cost, right Tom?

Reply to
TBone

Yeah, typically we drive through air. You probably drive through hot air.

There is no way you can guarantee that both vehicles saw exactly the same conditions, and thus cannot compare accurately, the rust time from one to the other. You claim to know science, perhaps you should observe the proper method.

LOL, so maybe the truck went through mud?

Nah, you try again, your claims don't hold water, let alone rust in that water they are supposed to hold.

And the brake lines that mysteriously rusted ONLY on your truck out of all those on here.

Doesn't really matter Tom, most of us know you are full of shit somehow, this just proves it.

You are welcome to try and prove the two vehicles saw exactly the same conditions, but we know they didn't. Its impossible.

Reply to
Max Dodge

That's right Tbutt, they change everything one year to the next just to f*ck you up, moron.

Reply to
Joe Blow

Talk to anyone who owns a Nissan Armada and then tell me how Nissan uses only top quality parts.

Reply to
miles

Ahh...those rich greedy republican business owners are only greedy certain years eh?

Reply to
miles

I never said that Nissan was perfect. Everybody builds a lemon every now and then. I never said that all DC builds is junk either. I don't have much to complain about with my truck but it is not perfect and some of the flaws it has are due to cost cutting.

Reply to
TBone

Are you really this stupid miles! Oh, who am I kidding, of course your not, you just hope that most of the others are. The problem is that most of these greedy business owners are not really republicans, they are just scum that votes on the republican ticket because the republican party and its smaller government beliefs makes it easier to rip off the common man. And yes, with the possibility growing for a takeover and big bucks getting into their pockets, your damn right that they can be greedier one year over another. It also takes time to make decisions where cost cutting can be made without being obvious and more time after that to implement those changes so yea, one year can be better than another and if you are not bright enough to even understand this, I feel sorry for your customers, that is if you actually have any.

Reply to
TBone