Best Rated threads in Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebirdshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Overheating: thermostat OK, radiator OK, so WHAT'S WRONG???
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: > it wind up being something silly like the fins on the backside of the A/C condenser mashed flat from mishandling. I know my '88 had...
19
19

Bogus VIN plate on '67 Firebird ragtop?
The VIN plate on my '67 Firebird convertible is for a coupe, 22337xxxxxxxx, when it should be 22367xxxxxxx. The title is for a convertible. I've had the car for about 25 years now and had it titled...
32
32

V6 Camaro/Firebird Turbo Kit 3.8L
Has anyone had any experience with a V6 turbo kit??? I'd like to find one as a "bolt-on". has a kit for sale but it is not a professional company. It looks like someone fabing this kit out of his...
1
1

305 vs 350
I recently purchsed a 79 Camaro for my son and was told it had a rebuilt 350 engine. Someone told me today that the motor is actually a 305. I cannot find the engine VIN number, how can I tell the...
35
35

4th gen trouble spots? (rust & otherwise)
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 4th gen LS1 Trans Am. A lot of them have come from the east coast, so I'm a bit concerned about the amount of rust damage from salt. Are there any known points on these cars...
8
8

1979 Camaro retractable front seat belts harnesses
Hello, The retractors for the front seat belt harnesses are dead. The belt get stuck if pulled at maximum and it doesn't lock at a stress pull. I digged ClassicIndustries, Summit Racing and Ecklers...
12
12

2001 TransAm Door Panel Cracks
Anyone having problems with their door planels cracking ? I noticed a 2" crack on my driver side door panel and 0.5" crack on the passenger side door panel. Tried to get a set of new panels on e-bay -...
9
9

High-load, low RPM misfire(?)
Car: ? 1995 Camaro Z28 (LT1) M6 with ~69k miles ? Hurst shifter ? SLP intake & exhaust (dual conical K&N air filters) ? Intake airfoil ? Performance Friction race pads - front (they dust too much) ?...
17
17

Powerglide to TH350 swap in 67 Camaro
Hi all, I've got a bone stock 67 Camaro that I restored a few years back that has a column shift Powerglide tranny. Rear gear is a 2.73 posi, rebuilt 327/4bbl, stock block/heads with the Duntov cam....
8
8

1979 TransAm Rear disc brakes & parking brake
I have a 1979 Trans Am with 4-wheel disc brakes. I've had to replace the rear disc calipers and I can't get the parking brakes to work. Setting the brake pulls the levers on the calipers OK and the...
1
1

Pop up headlight problem on 99 Firebird
Hi, The pop up headlight's on my 99 Firebird are giving me a problem. When I go to lock/unlock the car with the key fob the headlight's go up and down and then the right side light motor makes a...
3
3

89 Camaro won't start/ No spark
I drove my car for about 3 days then it sat for about 2 days. I went out to start it and it wouldn't start. I thought I flooded it so I let it sit for a few. It still wouldn't start. I checked to see...
4
4

97 z28 - Brakes spongy?
I've got a 97 z28. Are all z28 brakes a little spongy or is it just mine? Just replace rear calipers which improved it about 40%. but still not so good. Is it the abs system or what? It's driving me...
5
5

GM admits failure on 2000 Camaro Catalytic Converter
I got the letter from GM myself. Was suprised.... Would love to get a 2009 but haven't cracked 16000 miles on my 2000 yet. In 2009, maybe the current muscle car bubble will finally crack and I'll get...
10
10

Why is my 94 LT1 Engine Running Rough?? (2023 Update)
Hello Everyone! OK, I have had a problem now for many years and am very frustrated about it. I have a 94 Z28 6-speed with a relatively stock LT1 (including good ol' Opti-Spark). Here's the problem: at...
5
5

Setting ignition timing with performance cam
Hey everyone got a question about ignition timing. First off let me give some possibly relevant details about my car: 1979 Trans Am 403 Holley 770 Street Avenger carb Edelbrock Performer Intake Comp...
2
2

68 firebird overheating
I know to help you need all the info, so... 1968 motor rebuilt and installed in a 1968 firebird convertible. The cam is a street/strip, idles fine, edelbrock 650 carb, and timed to about 13 degrees. I...
3
3

P0420 Catalyst Efficiency below Threshold Bank 1
This is the code I am getting on a 2000 Camaro SS with only 15,000 miles. Seems to drive fine, I have only use premium fuel in it. Should I just reset it or take it to the shop? Is this harmful to my...
5
5

455 Rebuild-Now Have Poor Brakes
I finished my rebuild several weeks ago but have only put about 20 miles on the car due to lousy weather. My brakes worked fine before the rebuild, but now are lacking, especially at a low RPM. While...
1
1

94 F-bird VATS
My New G/F has a 1994 V6, Automatic Firebird. The car has a VATS issue. Currently the car is 100% In-op, and is sitting somewhere that I can not get a tow vehical with ease. What I need to do is...
3
3