Best Rated threads in Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebirdshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Horn Relay / 1968 Firebird / Wiring problems
When I bought my 'bird.. it came w/o horns..so after getting a couple from ebay.. and testing them.. and then mounting them... I now need to wire them up to the horn relay I have the original Delco...
4
4

1970 Trans Am oil pan removal
Hi, I need to know if anyone's removed an oil pan from a 70 Trans Am (or any 2nd gen TA with a Pont 400, I guess) without taking the motor out. I talked to a local shop, and the guy said that his...
4
4

Removing 2000 Trans Am radio
Ok, I've got a Monsoon CD player that's toast (keeps giving error messages when I put a CD in), so I guess It's got to come out and go to the Delco repair shop. Question - how do I get it out of...
8
8

RPO codes on an '88 Formula..?
I was checking up on the RPO codes on my '88 to see what it had from the factory... and came up with a few that I don't reconize. And some of the explanations of the codes need an explanation.. lol.....
1
1

firebird starts then stalls
89 Firebird 6cyl. Stepped on gas at red light (now turned green) and it died. Pushed it parking lot and this is the story: Turn the key and it starts and then stalls right out. Try again, it starts...
10
10

69 Firebird overheating
My '69 Firebird is overheating only when I idle. 220-230 degrees. New 3/4 block, new pulleys, new radiator and hoses, new water pump. Tried everything; any suggestions? Thanks.
10
10

Weird Quadrajet????
I got a strange carb! The P/N 7032750 does not make any sense using the standard rochester number system! It was on my 68 camaro R/S w/327 engine. It has the fuel feed pointing to the side and the...
3
3

Help with a Chevy II cowl tag
Hello guys and gals, i am new to the life of Chevy II's I was just given a 1965 Chevy II, it doesn't have a motor,tranny,or majority of the interior. i just looked at the cowl tag and wondering what...
2
2

How do I remove a power steering pulley?
I have a problem with my girlfriend's '92 Camaro V8. While driving home the other night the power steering bracket broke into hundreds of pieces, and the alternator which was attached, came loose and...
17
17

97 Z28 30th Anniversary edition Camaro for Sale
For Sale by owner: 1997 Z28 Camaro 30th Anniversary edition package. Location Vancouver, BC Canada 80,125KM 5.4L V8 6 Speed 30th Anniversary edition Fully Loaded T-Roof A/C Arctic White Leather...

Camaro pulley
I have a problem with belt alignment on my car. It is a 1967 Camaro with a crate engine and short water pump. The problem I'm having is that the crankshaft pulley is in too far by ~1/4". This keeps...
8
8

1985 TRANS AM EGR & START PROBLEM
Hi, I have a 1985 Trans Am with a 5.0 305 cid TPI, VIN CODE 'F". The engine light comes on. I scanned it with a code reader and code 32 (EGR) came up. I cannot seem to find the EGR valve on this car....
3
3

Bent Front Crossmember
First, a little background....................please excuse the lengthiness, I am not here to rant or rave. I'm looking for some advice or suggestions. It was a dark and stormy...
9
9

Re: Firebird coming back?
The fact that a car salesman said it makes it a near-certainty that it's not true. It's the converse of the old joke, "If the CIA denies it, it must be true."
7
7

LT1 electric supercharger ?
Hello, Do you know is an electric supercharger like this one : or not ? It's very cheap, but I'm afraid this is a scam... Thanks for your replies Michel
16
16

Will a big block fit in an '87 Trans Am?
Curious if I can fit a big block Chevy in my '87 Trans Am. I've heard "It won't fit", "It'll fit but you have to shoehorn it in even after blistering the firewall", and, "Sure, it'll fit just fine! No...
13
13

350 engine
good evening to all, i just purchased a old junker of a 350 i was told and so far all the markings i can find is on the driver side of the block with HECHO EN MEXICO and the numbers 3978010 under it...
1
1

Camaro 7.5" vs 7.625" (26-spline vs. 28-spline)
Got issues with an 88 Camaro "6HK" differential. 6HK indicates that this is a 7.625" differential, and the ring gear is indeed stamped 7-5/8. However!, it has 26-spline side gears and axle shafts in...
26
26

15th anniversary Trans Am RECARO seats for sale
I have a full set of 15th Anniversary Trans Am seats for sale. Recaros and back seats.
1
1

Timing a TPI
I have a question about the ignition timing on an 85 305 TPI. I have always had trouble when I have needed to time the car. I know that I have to disconnect one wire that comes from the computer so...
6
6