Best Rated threads in Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebirdshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2nd gen electric fan swap
Hi, I'm planning on tossing my belt-driven fan in my 1970 Trans Am and instead going with 2 electric fans. The radiator is 17" x 27.5", so I guess 12-13" per fan is about as big as I can go. I'm...
6
6

88 Firebird 305 Oil Pressure Issue - Please Comment
First off the car is a 1988 Firebird Formula 305 Vin Letter E. I've picked up a new oil pump but when I printed out the repair specs I've decided to try and get some input from the web. I'm having an...
15
15

Do i need a valve job?
Ok... So I posted a thread earlier asking about the best headers to buy for a 96 z28 camaro because my mechanic said I need a valve job... everyone that responded to my post seems to think that I...
4
4

91 Firebird 5.0 TBI 150K won't start - no fuel nor spark
My 91 Firebird 5.0 TBI was running great, then died suddenly. SES light on occasionally - code 22 (Throttle Position Sensor low voltage) for a few weeks with occasional erratic idling. Now, will...
5
5

1991 GTA! HELP! CAR DIES AFTER 15 MINS!
A little new here, I just purchased a 1991 formula firebird 305, my buddy just pruchased a 1991 GTA. We made the switch from Gti vr6?s and honda preludes and we must appologize for straying from...
11
11

Spark Plug Heat Range - V6 2.8L
My '84 2.8L V6 calls for an AC R43TS. However in my experience the R44T or R45T are better choices (heat range) for my old 1970 SBC 350. I don't get too caught up in brands but do like to choose plugs...
4
4

Hidden LS1 turbo kit
is in the back....PHR says 4000 bucks 02 LS1 motor bone stock 313 RWHP. They add this turbo with a methanol injection kit and on the same dyno following day 460+ HP and 500+ ft-lbs. And the nice thing...
13
13

Firebird/TA Airbox Mod
here is a cheap way to modify the intake on a v6 firebird as well as a v8 trans am. unbolt the entire air box assembly (including the bottom half; should be just 4 bolts) get some 1/4 inch nylon...
14
14

Security Light stays on and car starts and runs fine..
I have a 96 Camaro Z28 and for the last 2 years my security light has stayed on after I start my car. I've done nothing about it because..well... the car runs just fine. I am getting ready to get...
15
15

79 camaro heater core removal
I am trying to find out how to remove the heater core in my 1979 camaro. The soft haynes manual is very vague and no pictures. Does anyone know how to remove or where I can get info on how to remove?...
4
4

88 Camaro 2.8L V6 hesitation, back-firing during acceleration
I'm having problems that started recently. I have replaced the wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and fuel filter. All these actions have improved the response of the car but have not solved the overall...
4
4

Parts interchangeability: 3rd gen camaro/firebird
I've always scratched my head in wonder why you can buy just about anything for a Camaro but I can't even find a door panel for a Trans Am. Anyway, I know a lot of parts interchange but don't know...
2
2

Steam/smoke coming from under hood and a weird smoke smell inside car
So this might be hard to explain so hopefully I don't confuse anyone. So now that it is cold and everything I have been using my heater more. The other day when it snowed I of course used it but when...
1
1

Best Cylinder Heads for 1996 Z28 Camaro Question
Hey folks, I have a 1996 Z28 Camaro and was recently informed that I need a "valve job." The shop told me it would cost around $1500 for them to do it. That price sounds reasonable, but I'm thinking...
18
18

"E20" error message on CD player - 99 Firebird
Hi, I keep getting an "E20" error message when trying to play a CD in my 99 Firebird. I thought maybe it was just a dirty lens issue so I bought a lens cleaner disc but it won't even let that work. It...
3
3

1973 Camaro won't start and no spark from coil
Thanks to everyone reading this post. With 95 combined years of experience gathered around the hood, neither my father, my uncle or I could figure out this issue. We pulled the 350 tranny to replace...
9
9

Edelbrock intake vs stock Olds 403
Whats up again everyone I've got a question regarding intake manifolds.. I've got a '79 Trans Am with an Oldsmobile 403. It's got a few mods such as headers, cam and exhaust but its still sporting the...
11
11

Any 'gotchas' for retrofitting a late 3rd gen or 4th gen Delco stereo in 1984 model?
Got an '84 Firebird and am interested in a newer factory AM FM CD Player to retrofit. I just want something inexpensive and functional, I don't care about awesome sounds and I dont' want anything of...
1
1

Need to replace the fusible link on '79 TA...
& I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I was replacing the battery in my '79 with an Olds 403 & wasn't paying attention & crossed the battery leads. Yeah, I know, duh. Now the car's dead. Crawling under...
2
2

engine timing for a 92 camaro
i recently blew my 92 3.1 v6 engine in my camaro and had a junk yard engine installed. it's either a 92 firebird or camaro engine, and i cant seem to get a good idle. when i start it the idle jumps up...
1
1