2005 Explorer AWD wheel specs

Hi everyone

I need to know what the backspacing and offset is for the OEM wheels that come standard on my 2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 with the 4.0 engine. I am interested in installing a set of 17" Mustang Bullitt wheels but do not know which model year is more compatible with the Explorer. Are wheels from the '94 thru '04 or '05-'06 (different offset at +45mm) a better match.

TIA

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

FYI, 1998 Explorer 'wheel offset' 12 mm (0.48 in), and 'wheel bolt circle runout' 0.50 mm (0.020 in). Nothing about 'backspacing' listed in/under General Specifications of Ford TSP Workshop Manual CD.

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf