Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer intermittent start and alarm problems.
Hello, I am trying to get a few ideas on what I can check for this problem. My Explorer has began to not start from time to time. It does not seem to matter if it is hot or cold. It may go weeks and...
1
1

Testing coil pack question 99XLT
I recently did a tune up myself on my 99 XLT SOHC 63K miles. I replaced the plugs, wires, PCV valve, and fuel filter. I still notice an occasional miss at idle, other than that the truck runs fine....
2
2

2002 AC Clutch needs R&R
2002 Mercury Mountaineer, 4.6 V8. The AC clutch is gone. I looked in my Chilton manual and it details how to R&R the AC compressor, but says nothing about the AC clutch. However, it does say that if...

94 Explorer Clutch fluid Disappearing & clutch slip
Hi, I have noticed that I have to refill the clutch reservoir every couple of months and that recently the clutch is slipping a bit.... some how I don't think it is a coincidence.... If clutch fluid...
1
1

A/C problems...perhaps
Hi folks, hope you all had a great weekend. My wife and I just returned from a 200 mile trip in our 98, 5.0 AWD. It was brought to my attention by my wife that the A/C blower was slowing down when I...
3
3

Explorer rear wheels won't turn
Just driving down the road and power stopped going to rear wheels. My 1991 Explorer 4x4 has manual 5 speed, electric 4w drive selection, and was in 2W High. The 4W drive system has been inactive for...
13
13

1999/2000 Explorer Differences?
I have 150,000 miles on my 2000 Explorer, which I purchased new. My other car was recently totaled, and I'm considering replacing it with a 1999 Explorer with 75,000 miles on it, thus becoming a...
1
1

transmission shudder
I recently purchased a 2004 xlt v8 (43,000 mi) and on occasion when I accelerate from a stop it shudders from about 0-10 mph. I have read in a few posts this is normal for a 4wd and some that say it...
2
2

2k2 dc adapter
DC adapter does not work. Not sure which fuse powers it. Not sure of location of fuse. the dc adapter is the back works fine. I have checked for power, the rear dc adapter works, but the front dc...

How hard is it to replace seatbelt?
I have a 1993 Explorer Sport and I need to take the old seatbelt and replace it. The stitching rotted out from where it attaches to the bracket in the floorboard. I found the bolt that holds the...
4
4

99 XLT SOHC 62K miles, when to change plugs?
My truck runs fine , no problems. I thought I read in my manual that the spark plugs should be changed at 100K. I was just woondering has anyone changed theirs earlier and if there is any reason for...
12
12

No start condition
Yesterday, my 94 XLT failed to start after the drive home from work. Lots of battery and cranking but no start. Could not hear the fuel pump running. Came back about 10:00 pm and it started like...
9
9

Fuel Vapor Canister removed completely
The mechanics never found the problem and I got tired of breathing gas fumes so I removed the Fuel Vapor Canister from my 94 Explorer and connected the vapor line directly to the CANP line. ...so far,...
3
3

Maps and Cargo lights does not work
Hello I have a problem with the map and cargo lights of me ford explorer XLS 2002. A couples weeks ago the maps lights does not turn on, when an active the switch of one of them (roof top lights, map...

Door lock knob does not come out - '99 Limited
Hi all, From time to time, regardless of the method used to unlock the driver's door, the lock knob moves a bit but does not completely come out, leaving the door in the locked position. Even after...
1
1