Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Air conditioner problem
1999 Explorer Limited, v8, 2wd, climate control, Florida Yesterday evening when we went out the air didn't seem to be very cool. We didn't go far so I just brushed it off. Today, in the heat of the...
6
6

mach vs premium sound 2001 explorer`
I recently purchases a 2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I was looking into putting some speakers in my truck and i was wondering what the difference between mach and premium sound was and was wondering...

92 explorer brake question
I wonder if brake on an explorer sport 92 4x4 are the same as any other explorer 4x4 from the same year...some people told me that brake from an explorer 4x4 4 doors will not fit on a sport....is it...
1
1

Hidden Hitch Question?
Has anyone had any experience with the hitches for 2000 AWD Explorer V8 with 16 inch tires? I am looking at the Hidden-Hitch model #70647 round tube Class III-IV. In the installation instructions it...
4
4

Fan belt making weird revving up/down sounds.
My car recently started whining- it seems to be the fan belt up front. You can hear the pitch get higher and lower based on how much gas you give it. Is this a sign of a dying belt...or worse? 2002 FE...
5
5

1997 interminttent speedometer
My 4wd ldt (auto tranny) has an intermittent speedometer - but the Cruise Control still works perfectly. Any suggestions? Many thanks Frank
1
1

Engine running hot (or temp gauge showing it is)
Hello. Okay so this started yesterday night. My wife and I were on vacation and had our 2001 Explorer parked over at a friend's house after being dropped off at the airport. We came back and it was...
7
7

Message Center brightness - 2003 Explorer
I recently purchased a 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer. The Message Center display is so dim that it is hard to read in daylight. Is there some way to adjust the brightness of the display. The display on...
1
1

wont start..
i have a 1995 explorer, that just wont start; even when i press the remote control the doors do not open by them selfs and when i try to give the ignition all lights on the dash panel come on but it...
1
1

Keypad door lock panel code combination - 99 Explorer sport
1999 Explorer keyless door panel lock code?? Where is it on this vehicle? On my Tbirds and Cougars it was on a sticker on the trunk hindge but not on this one. Anyone know where to look? I do not have...
3
3

2002 Explorer XLT DISABLING HORN \ LOCKS
Does anyone know how to disable the horn from honking when locking and unlocking truck from remote? 2002 Explorer XLT

Fan noise while towing - 2006 Explorer XLT
Howdy... I have a 2006 Explorer XLT V8 with the tow package I have noticed when towing up a long hill, there is what sounds like a 'second fan' that switches on after a while. I assume this has...
2
2

Auto Lock - DISABLE???
Hello, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to turn off the "Auto Lock" feature in a 97 Explorer. If I am not referring to this correctly, I am talking about the "feature" where the vehilcle...
4
4

93 Ford Explorer Spark Plug Change
How difficult is a spark plug and wire change on a 93 Ford Explorer 4.0L, I have moderate mechanical skills, but have never talked a spark plug change... Thanks in advance.
5
5

93 Rough Idle/ Slow Initial Acceleration
Our 93 ford explorer has been a real champ in the last two years that we have owned it. It has been very well cared for with only 72,000 miles... but lately we have noticed two things. When the car...
3
3