Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transfer case sensors
Ford dealer replaced "both" transfer case speed sensors a year ago. That's what the work order says. It's starting to shudder again when turning, as if it's in 4-high. In this newsgroup last year, Tom...
4
4

2004 Ford Explorer Key Pad
Like many I have just purchased an 04 explorer and it didnt come with the combo to the key pad. I have ready on many different sites ways to find it, anyone actually know how to find it on the 04?...
2
2

02 hitch and ball receiver
I need to buy a ball receiver (draw bar) for my 02 Expolorer. The factory hitch uses the smaller 1 1/4 inch receiver size. Does anyone have a recommendation on a drop size? The guy at my local auto...
7
7

'96 XLT replace steering rack
I have a leaking steering rack that drips through the worn boot. It's making my driveway a mess. I think I am going to have to replace the rack. Does anyone know of a step by step guide for rack...
3
3

rear wire harness
I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. I recently put a tow hitch on it. In the process I found tucked under the rear bumper a wiring harness that lookes like it would be for a towing...
2
2

Check Engine Light
I have a 1998 Ford Expedition with a 4.6 liter V8 engine. The check engine light came on as the vehicle started to misfire or hesitate. I took it to a local mechanic to have the problem checked out....
4
4

door adjustment
I put new hinge pins and bushings on the driver's door of my '94 XL. The door is nice and tight on the hinges now but doesn't latch quite right. How do I adjust this? Adjust at the latch or latch pin...
2
2

92 explorer stolen, now wont start
I just got my explorer back last night, it was relatively undamaged, just some minor stuff, but it wont start, the steering column appears to be intact, isnt loose at all, I can put a key in the...
8
8

Engine light is on
If the engine light is on, where can you go for a free check? Pepboy? The local dealer charged. $93 for a diagnotic check. Mike
3
3

timing
I have a 92' ford explorer xlt of wich i have put a new engine in rebuilt the trani another wards I have done every thing new to that truck except the bushings on the suspension and the electrical. it...
7
7

Starter grinding noise when starting, after engine catches
We have a 98 Ranger (3.0L) that when it is started when it is cold (only cold), sounds like the Bendix is kinda grinding for 2 seconds or so AFTER the engine starts and you release the key from the...
4
4

Speedometer Erratic
I have a 1996 Explore and my speedometer is erratic. While traveling at 70 mph it will suddenly drop to 50 mph stay there for a few minutes then jump back to 70. This has been going on for abount 2...
2
2

98 explorer 5.0 whinning
I have a 98 explorer, 5.0, auto and 105,000 miles that has started to "whine" when I accelerate or slow down. I cannot tell exactly where it is, so it could be from the transmission to the rear end,...
3
3

1994 Exterior driver's side door latch replacement?
Well, first the brakes went, now the door-latch snapped. Maybe I should lay off the free-weights at the gym? Could anyone give me pointers on how to take the interior door panel off? I realze that if...
10
10

Axle Wrap Shock
How can I determine if I have an axle wrap (lateral) shock on my 99 Ford Explorer 4x4 V6?
4
4