Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Used, newer Explorer purchase recommendations needed
My 1996 Explorer XLT V8 AWD was stolen this past weekend and I am looking for a "newer" used, suitable, similar, replacement. It had 150K miles on it, ran great and never gave me any problems since I...
8
8

'99 Explorer Sport Rear Wiper keeps failing
Every so often (6-8 months) the rear wiper on my 99 Explorer stops working. I can hear the relay going in the back and I can also what sounds like the motor engaging. While it was under warranty I had...
3
3

Wiring diagram needed or question answered please!
After reading several "blend door" problems with AC I'm gonna skip that question and jump right to my problem. I was checkin fuses in both the side panel and power distribution box of my 99 Explorer...

Re: 1994 Explorer: Rear brake-line pin-hole leak repair?
While this is repairable, it is inconvenient and time consuming.... there is a hole in the tubing and this tubing involves brakes... The entire length of tubing is now suspect and should be replaced....
4
4

Where can I find this part?
Circled in red at the bottom right of the picture. It goes in the hitch ball hole (or whatever you call it). zoti
3
3

Coolant drain/fill 2002
This is a 4x4 with the rear HVAC. Time to do the above. Whats the best way to drain? Service manual mentions only the radiator drain. About how much coolant will come out this way? On the refill, any...

Heater stuck on
I have a 97 explorer which is in great shape, except all of a sudden the heat is always on. Even if I put it on air, I still get heat. Max-air only tempers the hot air some. Rumor has it, this may be...
5
5

1993 4x4 XLT won't start
Ok my truck started fine 2 days ago, Tuesday. It rained all night Wed, and Thurs morning it would not start - starter clicked one time and then nothing, no electric gadget worked, eg, power locks. I...
5
5

Plugged Windshield Drains, Help Needed
The drains at the base of the windshield are plugged on my '05 Limited, water just slowly seeps out onto the driveway. Undoubtedly, this came from all the stuff dropping from the trees around here...

1999 Explorer Sport Owners Manual
I just purchased a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport that is fully loaded, the vehicle didn't come with an Owners Manual so I anyone has a link to where I can download one for free I would apprechiate it, oh...
2
2

2003 OBD location
Can anyone tell me where I can find the OBD plug on a 2003?

Idle control sensor on the 4.0
Can anyone give me the general location of the idle control sensor on the 4.0? I've searched around and can't find any info, and don't have a chiltons. Any help would be appreciated. Buck
1
1

Air Con
On idle my air con solenoid on the pump engages and dissengages wether switched on or off. On the move i cannot hear it so it may be doing the same. When ON the AC works- Tho' still clicks in and out...
1
1

body lift for my 99 4dr
anybody know if one exists for my 99?

Front end squeek
A friend has an Explorer that has a very loud squeek in the front end. I don't know the year, but believe it's a '99 or so. It's a suspension squeek and is reproduceable by bouncing the front up and...
4
4