Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AC does not work, can't recharge
I have a '94 Explorer and the A/C stopped working. I checked the pressure on the low side service port and there was nothing. I used a recharge kit with uv dye to spot a leak and could not find...
9
9

fluxuating idle speed
99 Explorer, 4.0 SOHC, auto trans. Engine starts and runs fine, but after it warms up the idle speed jumps around from 900 rpm to as high as 1500 rpm whether in gear or not. Can anyone help with what...
7
7

Stuck hood 1994 exporer
HELP!!!!!! I went to close my hood after putting oil in my suv. I removed everything out of the way and shut it. It didn't close, it bounced up. So I checked again, and it shut this time, but not all...
7
7

air conditioner pulley
My A/C pulley on my 97 ford explorer came loose. Just the pulley itself. The front plate is still attached and I dont know how to remove it to get the pulley off. Can anyone help me please?
2
2

Explorer Review - Phil Edmonston - Guide for used 4x4's & Trucks.
The Explorer got quite the write-up in Phil Edmonstons Guide. For those unfamiliar, Phil Edmonston has been writing these annual guides to buying cars for many years and is known to "pull no punches"...
5
5

Michelin XLT's...
When to say time for new tires if.... 1. the tires still have a safe amount of tread on them, but... 2. they are 7-8 years old and getting that micro-crack/dry rot look. ??? 3. have 55k miles on them...
2
2

blower motor failure
1996 Ford Explorer XLT, 4door, 96K miles. Recently my HVAC blower motor stopped running. I checked the fuses both in the main box and in the power distribution box and they are both good. I then...
2
2

2000 auto-down module
Where is this unit and how do I defeat it? Also called "one-touch relay" Thanks Joe
1
1

Mercon ATF same as Dexron III?
I was looking to change the fluid in my transfer case soon on my 99 XLT SOHC. The owners manual says use Mercon ATF. The local auto store here only sells Citgo Transguard ATF Dexron III/ Mercon. I am...
3
3

Explorer Belt Noise
I have a 1998 Ford Explorer. When the engine is idling, the engine area eventually starts to produce a load droning sound, perhaps from a belt. It has seemed to have started up since the weather...
2
2

air conditioning won't work on regular a/c setting
There was a post that I don't remember about the valve behind the glove box area for 1997 Explorer a/c fix. Can you help refresh my memory?
1
1

2002 Limited Purchase Questions
I am looking at an `02 Limited with 41K tomorrow. The previous owner said it has essentially all the options except for a DVD player. It has the V8 and Automatic 4 Wheel Drive button instead of Full...
2
2

Brake lights out
I have a '94 Explorer. The other day I noticed my brake lights were completely out. I checked the fuse, the wires for a short and the brake switch shows continuity when the pedal is pressed. I noticed...
16
16

2004 Ranger XLT seatbelt disconnect & speed limiter
I bought a used 2004 Ranger XLT and it didn't come with a manual. I don't feel like purchasing one when the internet is right at my fingertips. I've read your comments on the manual's containing the...

2002 Explorer 4.6L V8 PCV Valve Location?
I've got a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V-8, 76K miles . My "Service Engine Soon" light came on last week. As I've heard this often is an emissions problem warning, I thought I'd replace the PCV...
1
1