Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'03 Mountaineer V8 SERVICE ENGINE SOON light
The SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on today on my '03 Mountaineer Premier AWD V8 with 47K miles. The book says it's related to emissions. Oxygen sensor????? What do you guys think is wrong and what is...
2
2

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.4, dated April 1, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

2002 wheel lock cover
Help please! My grandson needs new tires on his 2002 XL Explorer and the tire place can't find the key for the wheel covers. They plan to "cut it and make a new one", or so my grandson says. Is this...
6
6

Fuel Filter
How do you replace the fuel filter on a 2001 Sport Trac. I can get the clips off but the hoses will not come off. After reading a previous post. How do you relieve the fuel pressure without any...
1
1

Door Code on 2002 Explorer
I found the module exactly where "S" said it would be. There are several numbers on the sticker. The number that looks like it should be the code is off to the right of the sticker under a bar code...
3
3

Can the camshaft guide noise return?
'98 Explorer SOHC 4X4 AT. Had the camshaft guide replaced at 58K. Now on 82K and looks like the noise is back. I can hear it (sound a bit like the engine is pinging) when above 2000 RPM and light...
9
9

French guy has a problem with his 98 Explorer
Hi, first of all sorry for my poor english. I'm searching for an electrical schematics of the fuse in the engine compartiment, because i want to resolve the problem of my battery who always using...
3
3

FS: Explorer (4) BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/T 245/65/17 TIRES in good condition - $175 (Phoenix)
I've pulled these from my Explorer and upgraded the tire size. Four BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/T 245/65/17 TIRES in good condition with only 10,000 miles. These tires were purchased about a year ago and...

LOUD "BANG"noise from underneath! Help! 97' V8 AWD XLT Explorer
For the past few months I have had this noise, which has become worse, which sounds like a loud "bang" comming from underneath when I accelerate from stop at a normal speed. When I take off slow, it...
4
4

help 1999 explorer
my 99 kepts making a kinda of a rattleing nosie when i get up around 30 or 40 what could be wrong with the engine
1
1

'97 Coolant recovery question
When the engine is hot, excess coolant transfers to the coolant recovery tank. When the engine cools (overnight), the coolant does not return to the radiator. When I remove the radiator cap, I can...
2
2

Can't get auto trans into gear!
My 98 Explorer has developed over time a intermittant problem with the shifter for the auto trans. Upon complaining to the dealer they they said they fixed it by greasing the interlock cable that is...

Air Bag Light On
My 1999 Explorer Sport was involved in a little fender bender that was not hard enough for the air bag to come out but air bag light on the dash blinks at times. Is there some sort of way to reset...
1
1

97 Explorer transfer case problem
To all, My transfer case got stuck in 4 low. When I shifted to 4 high it got stuck in an in between state and wouldn't go. Then I got blinking dash lights. I banged on the shift motor, tried a couple...

94 explorer: transmission pan leak
My 94 explorer (130,000 miles) has a leak that seems to be coming from the front part of the trans pan. So I changed the filter and put a new gasket on it. It still leaked with new gasket (torqued...
4
4