Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2003 Explorer Tires
I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer (but I call it an Explorer since most don't tune into what a Mountaineer is but everyone knows Explorer). I want to install Michelin-made-for-Sears XC LT4 tires like...
2
2

transmission pan bolts
ok I have a 2000 xls 4.L OHV I was doing an oil change and noticed that there was two bolts missing from the transmission pan and a little fluid on the pan so I went and bought the bolts and figured...
1
1

2005 Explorer AWD wheel specs
Hi everyone I need to know what the backspacing and offset is for the OEM wheels that come standard on my 2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 with the 4.0 engine. I am interested in installing a set of 17" Mustang...
1
1

1996 explorer control trac 4405 transfer case
a new shift motor was installed year and half ago, having problem with front end locking in. Some time the 4 hi auto lite will come on,some time not. Stop and drive forward lite will come on. Last...
1
1

EGR System Leak
I was wondering if anyone else had come across this problem before. This is on a '96 4.0 Pushrod w/ 233,000 miles. I have recently developed what sounds like an exhaust leak coming from the EGR tube /...
1
1

IAT on 94 4.0l Pushrod V6 VIN X
I am posting this question again. My Ford Service Manual saids that I have a IAT Sensor. Inlet Air Temperature. I have looked and do not see it. The only place I can think it might be is on the bottom...
12
12

daytime driving lights on 1996 ford explorer
where is the daytime driving light module located on a 1996 ford explorer xl
1
1

Fuel Filter Replacement on 98 Explorer
I am seeking advice on how to change the fuel filter on my 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer. The filter, located below the floor - directly beneath the driver's seat, is spring-clipped into the fuel line at...
2
2

98 explorer reverse issue
I have a 98 explorer 4.0 XLT.with 133,000 miles . On cold morning startups, When shifting into reverse theres a 2-4 sec delay in it catching reverse gear. I've checked the fluid level and its fine....

97 EXPLORER...REAR WHEEL AND/OR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS
Recently, while making a hard right turn, the vehicle suddenly hesitated as if it was in 4 wheel drive. However, when myself and my mechanic looked at the problem the right rear wheel seemed to me...
3
3

Brand Breakdown: Too Many Models, Too Little Innovation Destroyed Detroit's Customer Loyalty
Breakdown: Too Many Models, Too Little Innovation Destroyed Detroit's Customer Loyalty Washington Post Sunday, March 26, 2006; F01 As recently as a generation ago, brand loyalty meant something for...
1
1

Replacing Power Steering Pump on '92
Hi. My power steering pump is leaking and sounding kinda noisy so I'm planning on replacing it. According to Hayne's I'm supposed to jack up the front end and remove both front wheels. Is this...
1
1

2005 Explorer XLT 4.0 Liter V-6
Vehicle has approx. 30,500 miles. Filled up with Exxon 87 octane gas in Jackson, Mississippi on Wednesday morning, and less than 10 miles later the engine started running very poorly and the "check...

Thanks
I want to thank everyone. I was having a problem with my blend door and thanks to you I did a temporary repair and it works like new. I have recomended your sit to all my friends.

vacuum line
I have a vacuum line that is broken, it goes to the egr vacuum sensor. I spliced a piece of tubing to reconnect it. I would like to replace the line. It is the red line. It goes into a line that...
2
2