Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1998 Radio Replacement
Hi, All I will be replacing a Preimium edition radio in a Ford Explorer with an aftermarket radio. Any recommendations? From what I read, Ford OEM radios are not worth the trouble or money. Any and...

Thinking of PATS drives me NUTS (longish)
The PCM in my '98 Expy (Limited, V8, AWD, if this makes any difference) has developed an intermittent short to ground on the IAT input. No, it's not the sensor, the connector or the wire harness -...

Stereo Display
My display that shows station, cd # time, etc... has gone out. Is there a bulb that can be replaced. Thanks, Todd
1
1

IAT Sensor location 94 explorer?
Hi everyone. I have a 94 EB Explorer 4x4. I have a haynes manual that saids I have a IAT Sensor in my air intake assembly. I cannot find this and also noticed the picture in the haynes manual that is...
15
15

1993 Mazda Navajo 4x4
Recently when I turn a corner, the car continues to pull in that direction. It may pull a mile, or even 5. Eventually it quits pulling. If I turn another corner in the other direction, it pulls that...
1
1

variable speed fan won't work
Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have a 99 mountaineer with climate control (just dial in the number and on Auto the fan/cooling/heating control the temperature in the cockpit). It also...
2
2

'02 Explorer Broken Speaker wiring LF Door
For the past few months, the wiring leading into the drivers door has broken (LF door speaker doesn't work, everything else still works ok). For a while, I could open the door and bend/push/twist the...
1
1

Re: Please read - nothing nasty
That one ranks up there among the ugliest sites, are you trying to win a prize for the ugliest website? Ted

CD/radio installation
I bought a Sony CD player for my 1996 Ford Explorer and I don't know how the radio harness connects to the existing wires. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram that will help me?
2
2

March 16 is the deadline to file for $$ for your leaky/split, FoMoCo manifold!
March 16 is the deadline to file for $$ for your leaky/split, FoMoCo manifold! You have just til Mar. 16, 2006 to apply (at your local dealer) to get back the big bux you spent to have your...

CD Error for in-dash cd changer
I bought a Ford In-Dash 6 DISC CD changer for my 2000 Explorer sport. Everything seemed to work fine except... the CD player says "slots full" . Well there are no CD's in the player and if you try and...
3
3

2006 Explorer(V8)
Just read a review of the 2006 Explorer with the new V8(this is the engine previously used in the Lincoln Aviator). The testers (Car and Driver magazine) praised the new engine but commented that Ford...
4
4

Explorer 4wd problem
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD V6 in the UK, and have covered 36K miles. A few weeks ago I noticed while driving that both the 4wd Hi and 4wd Lo dash indicators flashed on at the same...
1
1

2000 UK Explorer 4.0 V6, 55k - Transmission fault.
Hi When driving I get strange gear changes as if the gearbox moves to neutral between changing, this results in a reving of the engine each change. After a while doing this I get the overdrive light...
1
1

Speedometer/Odometer Intermittent Quits Working 1997 Explorer Sport
I have a 1997 Explorer Sport with the 4.0 SOHC engine, Automatic. My speedo seems to do what it wants. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and others it fluxuates. And still others it seems fine or reads...
3
3