Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Labor time to replace 2002 rear wheel bearings
Had both rear wheel bearings replaced on a 2002 Explorer at a local Ford dealer. The obnoxious noises from the rear of the car have been replaced by silence. An incredible difference. I am curious...
1
1

Tire wear
What kind of tire wear are you getting with your Explorer? I just replaced the OEM P235/70-16 Michelin Cross Terrains on my 2002 Explorer and I got 42k miles out of them. They were just approaching...
12
12

Explorer Electric Door Locks (97)
Has anyone had problems with explorer electric door locks. Mine will lock and unlock for no reason or click lock or unlock continously until I shut off the vehicle. If I lock the doors manually or...
1
1

94 explorer hub o-ring ?
I was wondering if there was a place to buy a rubber O-ring for the front wheel hub of a 94 explorer. I checked with the Ford dealer and he wanted $35 for a single O-ring. Just wondering if there is...
2
2

Replacing/Installing Speakers, 2005 Explorer
I was looking for some help on how to install aftermarket speakers into an 05 explorer and didn't find a lot so I went and used one of my rear door panels as my guinea pig and ended up figuring it...

97 Ford Explorer
Right Headlamp out. Replaced but did not work. Troubleshot by replacing same bulb in left side and it worked. Any ideas where to go from here?
1
1

Problem getting Rear rotors off/ door is ajar light?
97 ford explorer awd having prob getting rear rotors off..can someone explain how the parking brake system works..can this be effecting me getting the rotors off?..also common problem of one off the...
5
5

2002 rear wheel bearing
Has anyone had a noisy rear wheel bearing repaired on an 2002-05 using the new service procedure that requires only replacing the bearing. If I read the TSB from September 05 correctly, it seems like...

Explorer 4WD no longer works
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD V6. After about 100,000 miles the 4wd does not work anymore. I cannot select 4wd full or 4wd low any more also. I looked at all the associated fuses and...
1
1

99 explorer, headlight change?
Getting ready to order a replacement right/passenger side headlight but how do I remove and replace it? I figured out the corner light, lift the flap and then just the two screws. Which screws or...
2
2

Daytime Running Lights 2001 Explorer Sport
Hello All I have a problem with my DRL's!, they stopped coming on. The problem started as I remember a couple of months ago, when I start my car I notice the lights flicker rapidy (as if a contacts...

97 SOHC: Blown motor-for sale
XLT Black with Grey leather interior, rear Heat/Cool/Radio Control, sunroof, 6 CD changer/cassette Radio Power everything. Motor likely has a cracked head....when it's running, it pressurizes the...

onboard system check
the onboard system check keeps telling me to check my brake lights but they are ok now that i fixed the 3rd brake light but i am still getting the error on system check any ideas?

Fuel (?) Problem on '97 Explorer
Hi. My '97 (4.0 OHV) is having trouble starting after is sits for a couple of days. It cranks fine but the longer it has been sitting the longer it takes it to catch and start. Once it's running it...
1
1

Hubs or worse
Hi, I have a 1993 ford explorer. One of the manual locking hubs wont shift out of free position but after putting it on the hoist and turning it it spun the drive shaft indincating it was in lock...
2
2