94 Transmission changing

My 94 xlt all of a sudden wont change up through the gears without me dipping the accelerator. Anybody experience the same. I checked to oil level which was fine. please help

Chris

Reply to
Chris Ranwell

In my case it was a sticking governor due to metal filings. The governor can be reached without dropping the transmission - its accessable via the tailhousing on a 2WD (4WD will be a much larger pain in the arse)

JS

Chris Ranwell wrote:

Reply to
Jacob Suter