Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 Explorer Sport cold start problems
I have a 97 Explorer Sport with 4.0 SOHC. What happens is when it's cold out usually below 30 degrees it'll start fine then they rpms drop way down and she'll sputter then rev then sputter. It'll do...
5
5

96 Explorer V8 upper idler pully
My upper idler pulley is making noise. I picked up a new one from my Ford dealership on Saturday. It looked like a pretty simple and straightforward repair - take the tension off the belt, back the...

heater/vent troubles
The temperature control knob doesn't work on my truck. Just blows hot air all the time no matter the temp outside. Air conditioner only blows cold when selector is placed on max A/C, otherwise blows...
3
3

Ticking noise in 2004 Explorer
Hi Folks I have a weird ticking noise under heavy acceleration in my 04 EB explorer. Does not hurt acceleration just makes an awful noise. (like lifters that are not getting any oil) Dealership says...
1
1

Engine error lite code PO430 catalyst effency, Bank 2
1998 SOHC 4.0 Explorer. I would like some help determining whether PO430 is up flow or down flow sensor. I think it must be the up flow as I replaced the down flow sensor about 6 months ago. Your help...
2
2

Mach Display Problem
I have a '99 Ford Explorer with the Mach sound system. For the last 3 years the display has been blank. About once every 6 months, usually during a major weather change, the display comes back and...
2
2

98 Explorer Brake Pads?
It looks like it's about time to replace the brake pads in my 98 Explorer. Looking for opinions based on experience with different brands. I do drive it pretty hard, so I'd like something that...
3
3

Ford truck engine swap
I have a 1985 Ford f150 that is rusted out but the engine and trany is in good condition. A friend has a ford truck that he says that the body is in excellent shape but the engine is dead! I can have...
4
4

1997 Explorer Control Trac Problem
The 4 wheel, 4 wheel low lights are blinking 6 times every 2 minutes. The front axle is engaging on turns. This problem resurfaced after 6 months. I had posted here about it, the problem stopped after...
4
4

in search of control arms for a 9 ford explorer
my ford makes and awful clunking sound when i turn or go in reverse. a young guy that works for me says its my control arms, but when i go to different websites i can never find these control arms....
1
1

94 Explorer Break Problems
When I break in my car, the Pedal goes all the way to the floor with little or no noise, but also little or no breaking... I know my rotors need to be replaced soon... but could this be a fluid thing...
2
2

Fan Clutch Nut on 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4
Does anyone know offhand the size of the fan clutch nut on the Explorer(1993). I have to replace the fan blade and I only have 1" and 22mm as largest wrenches. Thanks in advance
4
4

1994 Explorer remote lock-unlock or alarm system
I recently bought a 94 Explorer XLT, Found a Black module in the left rear ahead of the rear washer fluid canister, several wire plugs into it along with a LED light on the bottom, the led is not...

1996 Ford Explorer - Cruise Control Trouble
My cruise control stopped working. I turn it on and when I reach my desired spreed and press the coast button the dashboard cruise control indicator flashes once. Any idea as what the problem might...
4
4

1999 Explorer Automatic Headlights
I've noticed that automatic headlights have been a popular subject but I have a strange case that I didn't notice on my search. My automatic headlights were working up to a week ago. One day the green...