98' Explorer 2WD Steering Rack

Hi everyone, I come across a problem , trying to pin point. Recently when truck is not moving but engine running , turning the steering wheels ether left or right , I get very noticeable vibration on steering wheel. Check oil , it was fine. If truck is loaded with something heaver, by turning the steering wheel ether direction , steering oil start to spit out thorough the cap(it has little breathable hole) Two days ago I change new pump from AutoZone and still doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Konstantin

Reply to
dosio

I think you'll find that there is air in the system... The Ford dealer has a tool for purging the system... it works well... If you are patient, the air should work it's own way out of the system... hopefully before any damage is done.... If all else fails... a good tech at a good dealer can fix you up... at fair market value.

Reply to
<mechanic