Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2004 EB Explorer (TEST)
[This followup was posted to and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Anybody have any feedback on the 2004 Explorers?

2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer For Sale-Arizona
We have decided to switch to a minivan for convience. We have a beautiful 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer for sale. It is in excellent condition with 49,350 miles and we are asking $16800. It is fully loaded...
2
2

Gas mileage -- 5.0 liter V8
Seller says 18 in winter, 19 in summer. Likely? Says he has a very light foot.
6
6

About Automatic Transmission Fluid in Engine !!!
Hello all. I have Ford Explorer 94 . Yesterday I meet with big problem . Oil from Automatic Transmission flow-over the engine oil and after this engine oil was overfilled. !!!! I couldn't understand...
2
2

96 Explorer Door Handle Problem
Recently my daughters 96 Explorer's (XLT) Drivers door handle (outside) changed... Now, instead of engaging right away, it feels loose and engages the opening mechanism near the end of it's range of...
8
8

94 explorer: Humming noise
When sitting in the drivers seat of my 94 Explorer, I hear a humming noise coming from the dashbord (LEFTSIDE). I shut of all accessories (radio, heat, wipers etc..) I don't hear the hum when I open...
3
3

Fuse Panel-2003 Explore Sport
Can anyone point me to a diagram (which fuse is which) for the fuse panel for my 2003 Explorer? There is not a word in the manuel about the fuse panel at all. Thanks. FM
2
2

how to replace explorer 99 high mount lamp
What's the remove/replace procedure for the 99 high mountl amp. The newer ones have external screws but this must have some internal release behind the liner or else some kind of snap release.

Leaking Drivers side Rear Window
Has anyone had a problem with one of the back fixed windows leaking into the rear of the vehcile? I called around to some places that fix these type of issues, and have been told that its not the seal...
2
2

1997 Explorer Code Problem (P1780)
I just got a error code message of P1780, which tells me the problem is the transmission control switch is out of range. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this issus, and explain what this...
1
1

2000 Ford Explorer
Is replacing the rear engine seal on my 2000 Ford Eplorer 4x4 going to be costly? Does it need to be done right away or can I put it off for awhile and just keep an eye on the oil?

PCV Valve Location on 1998 Explorer V-6 4.0L SOHV
Can any one tell me the location (specifically), of the PCV valve. I have tried looking all over for what I think it looks like (the replacement part I purchased) and can not locate it. Please help,...
1
1

2001 XLT squeak-front end
Trying to determine the cause of squeaking (almost sounds like an amplified version of the squeak a stair makes in your house when you step on it) from the front end on my 2001 XLT. Prevalent when I...
3
3

ford explore vibration and pop in th frontend
When i get to about 50mph there is a vibration you can feel but not hear it is constant and agrivating. I also have a problem with a popping in the front end it occurs when you hit a bump or dip in...
4
4

turn signals
My turn signals stoped working last night. I dont have a manual. so I pulled every fuse. One was bad so I replaced it. I still replaced the round thing that makes them blink. Still nothing. Has any...
2
2