Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

flat oil pressure gauge
2002 4.6 L V-8. oil LEVEL is Ok. Pressure gauge suddenly is pegged at the low end. what is the cause? bad sensor somewhere? something more major
3
3

Are Tensioners redesigned from Ford?
The Chain tensioner on my 97 SOHC motor protrudes from the head about 2 inches. The factory catalogs make them look like they mount flush to the motor? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!
1
1

Explorer Sport shifts between 4wd hi & 2wd all by itself!
Hi, I have a 2001 Explorer Sport (build date is 3/2000). Three times I had it in 4wd hi, it switched to 2wd all by itself. And once it went back and forth a few times! I noticed the last two times I...
2
2

Explorer Starts... Sometimes
I just recently encountered a problem with my 94 Explorer, it sometimes does not start, no click, no turning over, just a faint grinding sound like something is trying to happen, but not. Then...
7
7

2000 explorer 4.0 sohc spark plug removal
Has anyone replace plugs 2 & 3 those on the passenger side closest to the fire wall on an explorer 4.0l sohc engine. My plug wrench and plug cap removal tool don't fit between the AC unit and the...
3
3

Looking for a used reciever hitch...
And I don't want to buy a new one, because I am pretty sure there are decent used ones out there. Except, none of the wrecking yards or breakers in my area have one, and by the time I would have to...

96 explorer fuel pump ?
96 explorer 4.0 push rod eng 175 k miles -Truck starts if I give it a shot of ether, other than that won't run at all. Check inert switch(do they go bad? What test procedure if any). Will try any...
1
1

Remote start in 94 Explorer
I am hooking up a remote start and the wires going into the ignition switch are a small gauge wire and the wrong colors for what the instruction says, Are the +12 volts (yellow) ignition (red/light...

Power seat stuck
My '97 Explorer's driver side power seat is stuck back at nearly end of the track. It will advance about an inch, but then the motor bogs down, and then nothing. I'm 5'6" and this is not a very...
4
4

'93 Sport Stereo Questions
My '93 Sport's original stock AM/FM/Cassette stereo has started making loud popping noises through the speakers when adjusting volume either up or down. It seems to do this the most loudly when cold....

What's the black cylinder on the OHC V6?
Facing the motor, back left coming out of the cylinder head. You can't see it very well except from under the car. It appears to be leaking oil. It has a hex pattern at the base for a wrench, but what...
1
1

Some dash lights not working
I posted this question some time back, and got little response. I posted it on another Explorer board, and the only response I got was "GEM module" with no other explanation. So I took it to my...

Engine & Transmission Fluid
OOPS! I put Auto. Transmission Fluid (1 qt.) by mistake in my engine. I drained all the oid from the drain pan and then added 4 qt.'s of Motor Oil BEFORE starting it, though. Should the engine be o.k....
4
4

IAC idle valve
Hi, post from UK Explorer owner/driver. Lovely motor. 1977. Mine has 4 liter SOHC engine. V8 was not shipped to UK as far as I can tell. Very poor tickover when cold. Found a couple of IAC valves on...
5
5

Yellowed headlights/"Diamond-cut" clear lenses
My 1995 Explorer headlights really cut down on the pattern, even with Sylvania Silverstars, due to aging/yellowing lenses. Using plastic cleaners/fine steel wool, etc, has not really helped. The...
3
3