Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does rear axle damper need replacing?
I have a 99 XLT with 69,000 miles. While I was rotating my tires this past weekend I unbolted one end of the axle damper to see if it was still good by pushing and pulling it, and it still seemed...

95 Explorer battery discharging
Hello folks, I have a 95 Explorer 4 door XLT with manual transmission and 133,000 miles. I was in Ottawa on business last week and my wife called and told me that Exp. was barely turning over when she...
5
5

What year Expedition should I buy?
I'm looking at buying a 2002 Expedition with low miles but before I do, I'm wondering were there any major changes or improvements introduced after 2002 that I would be missing out on? I could afford...
2
2

2004 Explorer CD player
I have a single CD player in my Explorer. There is a CD in it that will not eject. When I attempt to eject it, "Error" shows up on the display. I bought the vehicle used.
3
3

94 Explorer VIN X V6 runs for a minute and dies
The saga continues.... Recently rebuilt the upper engine new gaskets and had valves ground replaced valve stem seals, heads ground, injectors cleaned and replaced 2 lifters. Put it all backs together...
34
34

99 gear shift indicator thumbwheel adjuster not working
Last year I had a problem with my shift indicator being off a little. I fixed it by turning the thumbwheel adjuster under the steering wheel. Now all of a sudden I notice the same problem, but now...
2
2

Reading DPFE voltage using OBD-II PID
I back probed the connector on the DPFE referenced to SIGRTN , Vref = 5V, DPFE = 2.39V (zero delta pressure - both ports open to air). The DPFE voltage should be < 0.6 volts with a zero delta pressure...
3
3

1999 ford Explorer, does not start?
302 auto, new f/f and tune up. ran great. went to work, parked the truck, came out to go home and it turns over great but will not start?
4
4

Check Engine Light, 97 Ford Explorer
The Check Engine Light on my '97 Ford Explorer SOHC has been on for quite some time. It is 10 years old and has 177K miles. The problem is that, here in Southern California, of course, you must pass a...
5
5

2004 Ford Explorer Auto 4X4 Button
Hi, I just bought a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT, and have looked through the owner's manual to see how you can tell if the Auto 4x4 is engaged. 4x4 high and low have indicator lights on the dash, but the...
2
2

Manual hubs for 97 Explorer
I have a 97 ford explorer xlt 4x4 with a 4.0L. I need to replace my hubs and would like to use manual hubs. It looks like warn stopped offering hubs for an explorer in 1994. Is there another...
5
5

2001 Explorer Sport Keyless Entry Code Location
I cannot find this default code anywhere. I have looked under the dash, looked in the driver side rear jack storage compartment and under the hood. I checked all over the internet and everyone says it...
7
7

Heater problems 1996 Ford Explorer
Hello, I am new to the newsgroup and I have a few questions to ask. Here is one problem I cannot figure out maybe someone here can help. I have a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. I was having problems with...
8
8

1999 Ford Explorer Transmission will not hold back...
I have a 1999 4WD Ford Explorer. 1st gear will not hold back at all. I put it in first, and coast down a hill. Once i reach a certain speed/rpm, it is like it is in neutral. I can rev the motor and...
7
7

98' Mazda B4000 RWD 5spd HARD to shift into 1st from stop
No grinding just hard to get into gear with clutch all the way down. While at a stop, effort is less if you go from 2nd to 1st gear then let out the clutch. My syncros ? Trans oil and rear diff oil...
5
5

2003 EXPLORER REAR END NOISE
My explorer has 80,000 and recently I have notice a low pitched noise from the rear of the truck. It varies with speed and it's not very loud. It may be a wheel bearing or something else. Anyone else...
5
5

94 Explorer - anti lock brakes pulsing when parking
Hello all - For the past few months, my anti-lock brakes will activate when pulling into a parking space. It can be a shock sometimes when you feel like your brakes aren't working. Brakes are fine at...
4
4

02 Ford Explorer no Brake Lights or Rear Turn Signals
My 2002 Ford Explorer's brake lights and rear turn signals are not working. The top rear brake light is working. The front turn signals work but blink really fast. I checked both bulbs and the fuse,...
5
5

Michelin Tires, Cross Terrain or LTX?
In the past, I have had several sets of LTX M/S tires on my Explorers and agree with everyone who says they are a great tire. I am planning to replace the original Goodrich tires soon on my '05 as...
9
9

94 Explorer Limited w/JBL stereo over haul question
OK, so I have read ALOT of scattered posts about what I need to do to swap out my stereo... I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4-door, cassette player with DNR on it, and the JBL sub... I'm not sure...
3
3