Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'97 Control Trac Problem--Won't Disengage 4WD
I have a 1997 Control Trac 4.0L OHV with about 130,000 miles on it. With the selector set on Auto (choices are Auto, 4H and 4L) 4WD is engaged all the time. This is based upon the fact that it's...
3
3

2002 Mercury Mountaineer rear cargo cover?
Where can I find a rear interior cargo cover (OEM would be good) for my 2002 Mountaineer? What is this item actually called? I can't seem to find it in any on line catalog. Thanks in advance, J.B.
7
7

94 Explorer Clutch fluid Disappearing & clutch slip
Hi, I have noticed that I have to refill the clutch reservoir every couple of months and that recently the clutch is slipping a bit.... some how I don't think it is a coincidence.... If clutch fluid...
1
1

High Temp Gage on 2001 Explorer
I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that's running hot. The needle on the temp gage runs to the top in a manner of minutes while driving. I just had the coolant changed, but it didnt help. Any...
2
2

Results after I changed my A4LD vacuum modulator. HELP!!
History.... 94 explorer XLT, 118,000 on A4LD tranny. I changed the modulator because it was leaking tranny fluid. NOT thru the vacuum line but it was a bad seal and was leaking onto the ground from...

97 Explorer 5.0 with P0125 Code
This shows a generic code for "Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control". Does anyone have an idea which sensor would cause this code? Is it the engine temperature sensor C159 on...
7
7

Fan noise while towing - 2006 Explorer XLT
Howdy... I have a 2006 Explorer XLT V8 with the tow package I have noticed when towing up a long hill, there is what sounds like a 'second fan' that switches on after a while. I assume this has...
2
2

Starter grinding noise when starting, after engine catches
We have a 98 Ranger (3.0L) that when it is started when it is cold (only cold), sounds like the Bendix is kinda grinding for 2 seconds or so AFTER the engine starts and you release the key from the...
4
4

front washer relay
could someone tell me where the front washer relay is located on my 1999 Ford Explorer....i dont just mean that is under the hood...i need to know which one of them it is
2
2

Squeeking on left side front end
my 94' has a squeeking sound comming from the front end. I have had the shocks done a year ago. the sqeeking comes on the highway or over bumps in city traffic. it is obviously suspension, but what...
1
1

Squeal in front of engine 1996 Ford Explorer AWD V-8
My 1996 Ford Explorer AWD V-8, just started squealing/chirping (kind of loud) in the front of the engine. Sounds like its coming from inside the timing chain cover. It seems to get quieter when I rev...
4
4

1999 ford explorer fuse #10 in car blowing
i have put many fuses in and as soon as i turn on heater a/c (not the fan ) the actual swich that turn on the heat & a/c the fuse blows. the temp swich is seemingly stuck on heat when i turn it to...
1
1

1991 Ford Explorer Sport ABS warning light
Recently the "BRAKE" and the "REAR ABS" warning lights came on and stayed on after brake inspection. Brake shoes are ok. Why is the light still on?
3
3

2000 Fors Explorer, changing the fuel filter
I have the tool they sell to accomplish this. I took the clips off and gave it a go following the picture on the package. It doesn't want to budge it seems? Any insight or trick to this I should know?...
5
5

4x4 Auto front-end binding
I have a 2002 explorer that about 3 months ago started binding in the front-end when making sharp (usually slow) turns. Though intermittent, the problem appeared to only happen in reverse (when...
3
3

1999 Explorer - theft light flashes
I have a 1999 Explorer XLT purchased new, no problems until yesterday. After backing out of my driveway the truck would continually stall when taking my foot off the accelerator. Later in the day I...
2
2

'96 Explorer XLT: Best location for tube subwoofer?
I just installed a Bazooka EL8A 8" amplified sub in my 1996 Ford Explorer. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best location for it? Now I have it just behind the rear seat facing back towards...
24
24

How to unstick an IAC?
I've been having some typical problems with my Explorer not keeping idle. I've cleaned the IAC once ad it fixed it, for a while. The other night I had to just rev up the engine for a second to clear...
1
1

2005 Ford Explorer 4x4 Auto
We recently rented a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT for the weekend and loved it for both on-road as well as light off-road 4-wheeling. Can someone explain or direct me to a site that explains how the "4x4...
3
3

Ford Explorer Problems website
I just launched a website dedicated togathering and presenting information on various Ford Explorer problems,including tranmission, fuel injector, tie rods, axle and otherproblems. If you have any...
6
6