Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

oil pressure gauge question
I just bought a 98 Explorer Sport. The oil pressure gauge reads exactly dead center all the time the engine is running, whether at 600RPM or 4000RPM. Is this normal? This is my first Ford and I every...
18
18

'94 Explorer Thermostat?
I have a 1994 Explorer. The temperature gauge reads in the low range (normal) while the engine is warming up and the vents are blowing hot air after a few minutes. As the engine runs for awhile either...
5
5

1999 Sport Control Arm?
This weekend my truck (1999 Explorer Sport) was in for service for an anti-freeze leak from the engine block. While the technician was changing the soft plug and gasket he told the service coordinator...
1
1

93 Explorer EB - remote keyless entry question
Hello All: My son just picked up a 93 Explorer EB in very nice condition. It has lots of power options including Power Locks, but the car did not come with any remote entry key fobs. Did the 93 Ford...
3
3

93 Explorer.Won't stay running when put in gear...
I have a 93 explorer 4x4 with 4.0L engine. The vehicle will start up and idle just fine, but as soon as I move the gear shift lever the engine stops. When it stops, the engine shakes very roughly in...
2
2

'Smoke' from vents
91 XLT - Wife and daughter report 'smoke' coming from the air vents into the cabin. A white smoke (vs black). No odor... Google search reveals either heater core or debris in the blower area. Since...
13
13

performance air filter question
I have a 98 explorer sport 4.0L OHV. Can someone give me the pros and cons of using a performance air filter over the regular ones. Does it make a big difference?
8
8

Re: 2002 Keyless Entry
The owner's manual says (p 124) "the factory-set code is located: one the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment taped to the computer module or, at your dealer. You can use a personal entry...
6
6

Reverse Sensor not working
I litely bumped my idiot neighbors car with my 2000 ford exploder...I mean explorer, while backing out of my driveway (he's an idiot because he had it illegally parked backwards, on the wrong side of...
6
6

'96 Explorer 4.0L Engine Chirp
This is in regards to my '96 Explorer, 4.0L, 2WD, AT with 94K miles. The engine started making an intermittent "chirping" sound (best word I can think of) which I suspected was coming from the belt...
4
4

IAT Sensor location 94 explorer?
Hi everyone. I have a 94 EB Explorer 4x4. I have a haynes manual that saids I have a IAT Sensor in my air intake assembly. I cannot find this and also noticed the picture in the haynes manual that is...
15
15

Explorer turn signal blinking fast, but bulb has been replaced
Hi - I have a 2002 Explorer which has been doing a fast signal blink on the left for about a week. Come to find out, the rear bulb was out. Put a new bulb in, and the bulb won't light, and the blinker...
6
6

5.0L valve cover marking 1996 Epxlorer
On the passenger side valve cover is a label marked: HF+10 TK354BB Is this of any significance? Nothing on the other valve cover Jay
1
1

Sears Michelin XC-LT4 Tires for Explorer
Back after the Flintstone tire debacle, I installed Sears Michelin XC LT4 tires on my '99 Explorer. They were literally the best tires I've ever owned. I got them at NTB which is no longer owned by...
5
5