Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ford explorer sport
I am considering to buy a used suv. The 3 i have looked at so far are: 2001 ford explorer sport , 50,000km, leather interior sunroof etc..fully loaded 2002 ford explorer sport , 40000km, cloth...
1
1

Fan Clutch Nut on 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4
Does anyone know offhand the size of the fan clutch nut on the Explorer(1993). I have to replace the fan blade and I only have 1" and 22mm as largest wrenches. Thanks in advance
4
4

2003 Explorer thumping upon accelleration.
I bought a 2003 EB Explorer 4X4 in July, with about 34,000 miles on it. On a road trip, I noticed a vibration beginning, only noticeable at 65-70 MPH. I took a look underneath and only noted a slight...
3
3

1992 Ford Explorer 4WD wont engage in any gear except reverse...
Explorer was driving okay when I dropped off my son at a friends, put the truck in reverse, backed up then put it into drive, nothing happend. I have changed the tranny fluid and filter but still...
2
2

HELP! Missing / Bucking over 4000 rpm
I have a 94 Explorer with 248K miles and at the end of my rope. After warm up only, it misses and backfires around and above 4000 rpm. I have replaced the following (in this order) in an attempt to...
9
9

'98 EB Explorer Antenna Problem
When I turn off the ignition, the antenna does not automatically go down as it is supposed to. The antenna motor runs, but the antenna stays up unless I get out and tap on the top of it, and then it...
4
4

turning off the brake and anti-lock warning lights
Hello, I took my car, 92 Ford Explorer, to the emission inspection in MA, and they had failed my car because of the brake and anti-lock warning lights that were on. I explained to the inspector that...
8
8

Keypad Master code
I purcjhased a used 03 Mountaineer and do not want to spend $105 to have dealer tell me the code for the keypad. Is this hidden anywhere on the vehicle?
5
5

1997 Eddie Bauer power antenna
Power antenna just went on my truck..Is it easy to replace it? I found someone on ebay who is selling them..Any help? Thanks
3
3

Darn Mute Connection on Ford Radio
Up till now, no luck. I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the simplest AM/FM single CD radio. I have a cell phone hands free with a mute connection to the radio so as to mute when using the phone. For...
10
10

Engine dies while decelerating
This is a recent problem, 2 days tops. Sometimes when I start the car it starts fine but then dies. I have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it going. When I am driving and I slow down the rpm's drop...
4
4

intermittant overdrive light flashing
overdrive light flashes and car won't switch into last gear happens intermittantly-seems more so when car is warm . sometimes no problem. no other problems with trans no slipping when down shifting...
3
3

Explorer 'message center' problem
Has anybody else experienced this problem and, even better, know a fix? 1999 Explorer Limited - includes the Message Center in the center console, showing various information - miles left to empty,...

99 - Transmission clunk during slowing down
99 Limited: I've recently noticed a slight 'clunk' (both a sound and slight bumping feeling) from the transmission when slowing down to take a turn or apporching a stop. This only seems to happen when...
3
3

Dim Message Center. 02
The message center in my 02 Eddie Bauer is dim. I can't see it on sunny days. It is readable on cloudy days and nights. It is much dimmer than the radio readout, for example. Has anybody had this...
4
4

98 expl rear hatch door won't unlock
The hatch door on the very rear of the explorer is stuck, the key won't unlock it to open the window and hitting the lock/unlock buttons won't unlock it to open the hatch/door. Anybody ever...

Top Dead Center (TDC) of the compression stroke
I know how to find TDC. But how do you find TDC of the compression stroke for the #1 cylinder? One method I read about involved putting your finger in the spark plug hole while rotating the engine...
2
2

92 FORD EXPLORER HYDROPLANE PROBLEM AT 45 MPH OR MORE..
I ENJOY MY FORD EXPLORER AS ANY OTHER FORD EXPLORER OWNER WOULD TELL YOU. MY ISSUE IS, WHEN IT RAINS, AND I GO PAST 45 MPH, FOR SOME ODD REASON, THE TRUCK BEGINS TO HYDROPLANE. TO MAKE SURE, I ASKED A...
10
10

auto lamp malfunction ~ headlights come on in daylight ~ '96 Eddie Bauer Explorer
'96 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Auto lamp feature for head lights comes on in day light. It goes out normal when I turn the car off. Maybe the photo cell is blocked and it thinks it's dark? I see a photo...
5
5

Torque Spec for brake anchor plate-to-steering knuckle bolts ?
I've got a 98 4WD 4 door explorer and I'm pulling the front rotors to be resurfaced. I had to remove the 2 bolts for the brake anchor plate to get the rotor off (these are not the same bolts that you...
3
3