Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1995 Explorer 4.0 OBD code retreivial
I have a 1995 Ford Explorer (4.0 Engine) with an OBDII plug. It is not OBDII compliant based on everything I can tell. I plugged an Actron OBDII code reader and it was unable to 'Link' with the Ford....
2
2

Head Bolt Tightening Sequence 1991 4.0L
Can anyone provide me with the proper head bolt tightening sequence for a 1991 4.0L V6? Thanks!
1
1

Uhaul Screws Ford Explorer Owners
Do you own or know someone that owns a Ford Explorer? Effective December 22, 2003, Uhaul no longer rents trailers to be pulled by ANY year or model Ford Explorer! Don't believe it? Call your local...
65
65

2002 brakelight bulbs
I never thought I'd ask a question like this, but ...... need a bulb for the 2002 right rear brake light. Owner's guide says use a 3157K. The vehicle as built has 3057K's in it. Sylvania website says...
2
2

Rear Wiper Motor Adjustment?
Hello. I just had the rear wiper motor replaced in my '98 Explorer EB AWD, however, now the wiper only covers 60 percent of the rear window (only to between 10:00 and 11:00 to the left)? Should the...
5
5

97 or 98 EGR valve location?
I have a 97 Ford Explorer w/a 5.0 V8, 2WD, automatic. My question is this, is it possible to have a 98 engine in this vehicle, possibly because it was produced later in the year? I know the engine is...
8
8

'93 knocking/pinging disaster follow-up
Well if anyone remembers from a few weeks back I had my motor cleaned out with Ford engine cleaner to remove the carbon from my motor . Got it back with a knocking sound inside the motor . Mechanic...
6
6

'93 pinging/knocking disaster
Have a '93 explorer sport 4.0 liter engine about 75,000 miles, original owner , well maintained and cared for . Developed bad pinging on acceleration which has continuously gotten worse . Posted here...
8
8

Re: 2002 Explorer with intermittent "jerking" when accelerating
Jim, you're a great resource on the NG, and your customers are lucky to have you, but... I change my own oil. I don't give a rat's ass about saving money, I do it because I don't trust the barely...
4
4

98 Explorer XLT radio display not working
I have a MACH radio that the display does not illuminate. I have researched on the web and found some posting that the problem is due to some bad solder connection on a power supply inside the radio...
27
27

Re: To use Armor-All (or equiv) or not to?
Well one reason I have used Armor All in the past is to protect from UVA/UVB Rays from the sun which can cause premature aging look to them, among other things. What about that? Sadly, I don't park my...
10
10

96 Explorer 4.0L V6 oil leak?
Anywhere I should be looking to fix an oil leak on a 96 Explorer V6, 4 liter? Looking for where these engines might possibly commonly start leaking from. Appears to be coming from somewhere on the...
2
2

Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit
My engine light came on and after I did a diagnostic check it came up as a P1450 (Barometric Pressure [BARO] Sensor Circuit). Is this associated with the emissions, or the thermometer? Is it an easy...
2
2

Re: Ford Canada and the blend door problem
What nonsense. WHether they have "complaints" or not, they obviously can easily track the number of duct and blend door parts they sell and it would be obvious that they sell a lot more of them then...
5
5

Location of Ignition Control Module 94 Explorer ?
Does anyone know the location of Ignition Control Module 94 Explorer 4.0 V6 ?? I can't find it... it's not where the manual states (left front in engine compartment) or AutoZone (behind air cleaner...
2
2

2005 Explorer rear differential whine
I have had my Explorer for two weeks and yesterday I noticed a whine from the rear-end under very light acceleration. Thought it was road noise at first. I crawled under to have a look yesterday and...
6
6

93 Ford Explorer Spark Plug Change
How difficult is a spark plug and wire change on a 93 Ford Explorer 4.0L, I have moderate mechanical skills, but have never talked a spark plug change... Thanks in advance.
5
5

Beep when accelerating
When I hit the accelerator hard, I get a beep from the system. I can't see a message in the dash advising of the problem. Anyone have a clue what is causing this? H Davis
2
2

Is this the 2015 Saleen XP8 Explorer
As many of you remember, Saleen produced the XP8 (and XP6) version of the Ford Explorer from 1998 - 2001. Now fast forward to 2014 and this gem was spotted at the 2014 Saleen Facility open house in...

2002 Explorer "OD Off" light flashing
This is the 5R55W transmission behind a 4.6L V-8, and 3.73LS rear end. Last night we came home from a week in our camper. The camper is light (3500 pounds) compared to the tow rating of the Explorer...
3
3