Suspension and ride after new shocks

I recently replaced my worn out shocks with 4 new KYB Monomax shocks. The old ones were definately squishy compared to the firmness of the KYBs but the ride is still pretty sloppy. Every time I hit a small bump or crack in the pavement the truck hits jolts and still feels squishy.

The only other thing I can think of would be the torsion bars and leaf springs in the back. Do these wear out eventually? Can I adjust the torsion bars so that the ride is a bit stiffer? My brother's 99 Limited has a much nicer ride and he didn't recently replace the shocks. My truck has

95k miles on it.

Thanks,

-- Dave Earle

97 Explorer Limited
Reply to
Dave Earle

What kind of tires do you have? And also what kind does your brother have?

Reply to
SizzleMP