Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Taurus SEL Question
I just bought a 2000 Taurus SEL with 87k on it. The question I have is, it has a keyless entry keypad, but I cannot find the code. The original owner did not leave the manufacturer's code card with...
7
7

Fuel Door button?
2002 taurus, where is the fuel door button?
5
5

quick hose (spring?) clamps
Having a problem finding someone who stocks those quick hose clamps, i need a couple for my truck and a couple for my fourwheeler (smaller obviously) mostly for vacuum lines and some air lines......
1
1

1998 Ford Taurus - intermittent electrical problems
Symptoms: * Lights flicker * Studders * Car sometimes just dies * Battery light comes on Alternator and battery both checked out fine. Ignition module going bad? If so, would it leave a code to check?...
3
3

95 ESCORT AUTO TRANS NOT PUMPING FLUID TO COOLER LINES...
Instead of dropping the pan, I disconnect the cooling hose to the radiator and pump out 3-4 quarts of dirty fluid. This has worked fine on all my cars. Now, with a car I just bought, no fluid is...
3
3

About Time: 4.4L Diesel
all this is true, its about time ford brings a diesel to north america. Ford's sat on their arse for 15 years, its about time they "just do something" and stick themselves out there. This is finally...
22
22

'00 Mustang 3.8L Belt Tensioner Problem
I've got some issue with my belt tensioner (it's spring-loaded) on my 2000 3.8L mustang... The old fan belt started squeaking incredibly and it had been stretched I think... I bought a new one, it...
2
2

where to buy torx screws
Hi, Where can I buy new Torx screws to install a new tailgate for a 95 Ford Range? Is this typically something that is available at a retail store or do I need to order them through a garage or...
3
3

97 Ford Contour shaking ( vibrating )
My daughter's 97 Ford Contour recently broke a timing belt. The shop replaced 3 bad motor mounts and and the timing belt. The car is now shaking ( vibrating ) quite badly. It shakes during idle and...
3
3

1994 Ranger - License Plate Lamp
My license lamps are not working. At one socket I read no voltage....the other socket I read correct voltage (13.21 V) though when I put in a working lamp it does not illuminate. I cleaned the...
1
1

99 Explorer Pats Problem
Hi; Started to install a Remote Starter in a 99 Explorer with PATS. I was trying to locate the factoy disarm wire but couldnt. Now the car wont start at all. I have 65psi of fuel and I have spark. I...

Bolt Torque for Lug Nuts Too High?
Someone told me once that if you torque lug nuts to tight, you can actually bend (and damage) the brake rotors. Anyone have any info on this? When I change a tire I don't use a torque wrench because I...
13
13

Online Vehicle Repair Manuals
Online repair manuals, has anyone had experience with Mitchell Manuals and their or with both are online service manual repair sources for diy'ers and vehicle repair.
1
1

250 Engine Runs Terribly Redux
I just heard from the auto shop machinist. He told me that all 6 cylinders hold a vacuum perfecty, the spring and valve stem heights are ok, and the head was milled within specs. His opinion is that...
1
1

Ford to revive SVT namplate on Raptor F-150?
Ford hasn't marketed a vehicle under the Special Vehicles Team nameplate ? car or truck ? since 2004, but that could change when the rumored Ford Raptor F-150 hits the market. A new report has...