Subject Author Posted Replies

Escort (UK) digital speed backlight
Hello everyone. I have a strange thing going on with the back light on the digital odometer read out on my escort. Every so offen the back light will go off for about hald a second and them come back...

Automatic Transmission weird shifting
Automatic Transmission weird shifting 1990 Ford Ranger 4X2 Super Cab V 4.0L A4LD Transmission My vacuum modulator failed, automatic transmission fluid was being sucked into the intake. The part has...
2
2

Climate Control digital display on 95 Mark VIII
Mine is having fits. The whole display blinks like a turn signal and even clicks like a turn signal. All the numbers and letters are lit up when it's flashing and you can't use the heat or air when...
2
2

HELP! 1996 Mustang GT Will Not Start! (LONG Description of a WEIRD Problem....)
Don't forget the possibility of a bad flywheel. I've seen flywheels with chipped teeth that will act like this as well. Easy to diagnose since this is a manual. When you get the hard "click," put the...
6
6

Ford Taurus DOHC engine noise
I have a 2000 Taurus with a 35,000 mile DOHC engine with a s code. Has a engine knock at idle & while accelerating. Engine runs great & noise does not go away while "shorting" out the cyls. any ideas?

rcmp gone wild
take a look at this video , a guy gets beaten up by rcmp for not putting down his camera. youtube " fort mcmurray charter "

2002 Mercury Cougar-SES code 1451
Hey all-normally a 'chevy' guy by trade but have a friend with a ses lite on. Scanned it and it shows a 1451 code-powertrain specific. I don't have any cougar books and thought I'd ask all the experts...
10
10

CHUCK ENGINE LIGHT - Time for a New Engine
Sooner or later almost every driver sees a yellow "Check Engine" light. This means that the engine needs repair. This is generally a minor problem such as a defective emissions control, cracked vacuum...
21
21

98 Taurus 3.0 lower manifold elbow part # 17255 leaking.
I am trying to help my neighbor repair his Taurus. He had an antifreeze leak from a pin hole where the heater hose connects to the elbow that connects to the lower intake manifold This elbow is the...
4
4

bronco removable top
What was the last year that the Bronco had a fully removable top ? The 1980s and 1990s seemed to have a removable top over the back only. seems toinfer that the last fully removable top was...
1
1

fuel comsuption
I have a 94 Ford Aspire. It is using too much gas to run. My range is from 27 to 30 mpg. It acts sluggish during acceleration. During warm up you see the smoke from the exhaust black in color. Any...
3
3

Are all alternators the same?
Or to be more specific, would an alternator from a Hyundai Sonata fit/work in a Ford Laser?
3
3

16 Year Old Looking For A Bronco
This is kind of a weird question but I'm 16 and looking for a '92-'96 Bronco with a 5.8L 351 Engine. I was looking on and saw a Bronco with a "351 Engine" (I found out through Ford's Website that if...
4
4

'96 Ranger check engine light on
My '96 Ranger is either missing or having some other sort of electrical shorting. When driving over 30mph it will sporadically sound like the engine has turned off and will lose speed for a few...
2
2

Contour/mystique brake light problem
Wife's '96 Mystique has a problem with the brake lights. Center lights work. Side lights don't. Signals work, so not bulb problem, and center lights work so not brake switch or fuse. Is there a common...
1
1