Subject Author Posted Replies

OBD-II Trouble Code PO171, Fuel too lean (Bank 2)
1998 Ford Expedition check engine light is on. A local parts store clerk assessed a trouble CODE PO171 (BANK 2) fuel too lean. Will I be able to correct the problem or will I have to get the repairs...
9
9

98 Grand Marquis Squeaky Belt
My 98 Grand Marquis as a squeaky belt. Not sure what the probelm is. If I spray it with belt dressing the squeak goes away for a while and then comes back fairly soon. I notice that the alternator...
4
4

1998 Grand Marquis Heater Hoses
It just occurred go me that my 98 Grand Marquis is 10 years old and 155,000 miles. I have never changed any radiator or heater hoses. Should I replace all of them? They seem to be okay. M
1
1

hi pitch whine on van
This occurs mainly at higher speeds on highhway. It is a 2004 Freestar minivan, and I get a hi-pitch whine sound (not loud, barely audible but there) and at times it stops then starts again. I just...
1
1

Replacing Transmission Modulator Valve
Hi I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 and the 4ALD transmission. I need to replace the modulator. What is the best way to do this. I've heard that some people remove the carpet and remove the plate in...

Re: 94 aspire failed e-test
Pour 180 proof denatured ethyl alcohol in the tank, making 90% gasoline and 10% alcohol mixture. It should pass. Does your jalopy have a temp gauge? Running too hot boosts NO2. You can also jam a...

E-150
I recently bought a 2001 E-150 Chateau. I like it--though it makes my Explorer seem like a sports car, as one might expect. I notice there is little to no discussion of the E-150 on USENET. Is that...
9
9

1978 f250 pickup with 390 engine... vacuum diagram?
Hi, It looks like someone put vacuum lines on this engine incorrectly. There are the two temp operated vacuum switches in the water flange on top of the engine. distributor vacuum advance (no retard)...
6
6

94 aspire failed e-test
hc 85 - 80 pass co .48 - .30 pass no 0670 - 1642 fail any suggestions on a cheap fix would be appreciated .I already changed plugs wires oil. thanks
10
10

Distance from tailpipe to tire...
I am in the middle of replacing my exhaust from the cats back on my 93 'stang. When removing the old parts, I did not pay any attention to the distance from the tailpipe to the tire and now that I am...
6
6

2003 Ford Ranger stereo question
Hello all..I have a 2003 Ranger and am currently updating the stereo from the factory stock AM/FM radio to a CD player someone gave me...There are no rear speakers in my pickup but I was wondering if...
1
1

Escort engine underheating - any ideas?
I've got an Escort van that runs too cool. If it idles on a warm day it warms up to midway on the temp dial. But as soon a I drive off it cools down. Thermostat changed twice. No garage will take it...
1
1

2007 Focus MPG
I have always exceeded the EPA highway mileage on my last 2 cars. 91 Merc Tracer and 98 Ford Escort, both std trans.. My new car a 2007 Ford Focus is a automatic 2.0 Liter Duratec. 27-34 MPG or so...
11
11

travel pilot fx
Hoi , i'm looking for the full detail maps for my new ford galaxy I'm using a SD card and my soft navigation = Travel pilot FX Anybody any idea ?? THX Eddy

02 Ranger broken Frame
02 ranger ext cab shortbox. Frame is broken on passenger side. Cracked first time, welded held for about 6 months. Second time, a triangular piece broke out and took the shock mount with it, shock...
17
17