Subject Author Posted Replies

1997 Galaxy MPV Rear Window - No Voltage
Hi The heated rear window on our Galaxy MPV stopped working, so we got the local glass company to check it out. The guy put a voltmeter across the contacts on the lead at the window, and there was no...
2
2

Fusion 4 vs 6 any comments
I was wondering if the Fusion with 4 cylinder has enough power. The mpg is better that the V6 but I fear that it maybe underpowered. The manual 5 speed may compensate for it. I'm not looking for a...
7
7

4x4 OFF ROADING SITE
check it out its free to join!

Flathead vs OHV design
I got to thinking about flathead valve/port design the other day and investigated on the net. Flathead intake and exhaust ports are cast into the block. Intake is relatively simple. Exhaust ports ran...
5
5

Q: Cylinder #2 Not Firing (1997 Ford Mustang, V6, 3.8L)
1997 Ford Mustang, V6, 3.8L - Car has lost power and engine is running rougher. - Autozone diagnosed that cylinder 2 wasn't firing. - Removed #2 spark plug wire from ignition module, held close to...
5
5

2000 Windstar hesitates on startup.
Am working on a 2000 Ford Windstar. When accelerating from a stop, there is a hesitation before RPM picks up. What causes such a hesitation? Jim S. -- Message posted using information at
1
1

Ford's CEO speaks on Marketplace
Marketplace, an American Public Radio show will interview the CEO of Ford this evening. He talks about Ford's plan for its own economic recovery. You can find your station and time here:
34
34

Ghost in a Ranger Radio
This is an odd one - My Mother has a 9 year old Ranger that she uses around our farm. It is no longer an everyday truck, and is driven only 20 or 30 miles a week. Recently the radio stopped...
14
14

C6 "wide ratio" mod...worth it?
Before me, I have a very toasty and well used C6 behind a code H 390. I want to do a good build on the C6, and have been wondering what peoples' experience has been at using an AOD (or equivalent)...
5
5

Ford Fusion AWD system
I was reading an article on and another site that states that the Fusion AWD system is a not very good. In fact, it stated that on wet roads, it's barely even noticeable that it's even working as...
8
8

Engine stalls at idle and other problems -- need help
I have a '94 Thunderbird, with 3.8L V6. A minute or two after starting, the engine will not idle properly -- revs go up and down and sometimes it will stall. It does not do this immediately after...
14
14

96 Taurus dies when put in gear?
New problem with my daughters 1996 Taurus with automatic transmission... My wife drove the Taurus yesterday and it was running beautifully. I got in the car today to head to town and it started right...
3
3

Ford Taurus Troubleshooting Question
1990 V6 3.0 liter engine 170 k miles on engine that runs excellent. Traveling down the highway at 50 mph I hear a short whine from the engine compartment and the speedometer needle goes haywire...
4
4

Re: The Auto Industy's 2nd Biggest Fear
It will meld into a non-issue. The masses go with the flow. For a time it has been SUVs and Pickup trucks. In the near future everyone will feel comfortable in Tata, SmartCar, VW Beetle and Priapisim...
70
70

The Auto Industy's 2nd Biggest Fear
"What bothers carmakers most after the threat of recession? How to adhere to CAFE fuel rules without losing customers..." Business Week article: