Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Windstar OBD-II port dead??
I have a 2000 Windstar with CEL on. Plugged in an OBD II tool from Harbor Freight and it didn't turn on. Tried it on my '96 Contour and the tool worked, so I'm assuming the Windstar port is dead. Any...
2
2

Ford hybrids will be profitable this year
Gioia: Ford hybrids will be profitable this year Richard Truett Automotive News January 15, 2008 - 12:01 am ET DETROIT -- By the end of this year, Ford Motor Co.'s hybrid vehicle program is expected...
1
1

1999 Mercury with steering problem, please help
I have a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis. Over the past couple days, the steering has become extremely tight. I checked the p.steering fluid, it was fine. I also checked the belts around the steering pump...
1
1

Ford full size van side cargo door latch popping loose
I have a full size ford van (E-250) that has the hinged doors for cargo on the side. The door latch on the top rear door (the one you close first) seems to be popping loose regularly whenever I hit a...

Big-buck trucks defy sales trend

Re: How to start a stubborn Fuel Injected engine?
Thanks for the reply. I stopped at my mechanic and explained the situation. He asked me when this happened. I told him. He said "it was really foggy that morning". Yes, it was. He told me to go home...
17
17

2001 F-150 Lugnut and Tom please help RE: #5
Thanks for all of your help with the location of # 5, I was a Chevy man in my younger days so I was on the wrong side and location for # 5. Now I changed the pack on the cylinder in question, But now...
4
4

Brake pedal switch
There is a switch conected to the brake pedal that controls at least a solenoid to release the shifter and also the brake lights. On my 1998 Taurus this has stopped working. It started this just after...
2
2

2001 f150 and also
Oh ya it might help if I tell you that my odometer reading ( digital ) is slow in coming on. Some times it's 10 - 15 minutes after you start the truck before it lights up. It has done this for 2 years...

2001 f150 4.5 New problem cyclinder # 5
Thanks for all of your help with the location of # 5, I was a Chevy man in my younger days so I was on the wrong side and location for # 5. Now I changed the pack on the cylinder in question, But now...
2
2

1998 ford taurus 3.0 ohv
this car revs up on its own at an idle and sets a camshaft position sensor code? -- Message posted using information at

1994 Ford Ranger - Spark Plug Question
Vehicle has over 170k miles, 4.0L Vin X engine.....doing some minor engine work, also time for a new set of plugs. I put in Motorcraft Platinum, No. AWSF42P back in 1998. Was thinking of using...
3
3

Dorman intake
1996 Mercury 4.6 cracked intake at the heater hose port. It is a Ford replacement that is only 2 years old. Thinking of using the Dorman intake this time. Anyone have an opinon on the Dorman intake...
4
4

check engine codes 98 Expedition
is there any way of checking this before I take it to the dealer for a check engine light?
1
1

Re: Price fixing among tire manufacturers
One would suspect consumers would be more worried about who makes the largest profit from each gallon of gas they buy. It is NOT the oil company, who has all of the money invested in getting the gas...
1
1