Subject Author Posted Replies

93 cougar overheating
I've been reading other threads and i cant come up with an answer. i have a 1993 mercury cougar 3.8 non. it has had a bit of an overheating problem during the winter. last winter i replaced the...
3
3

4WD question
I have a 2004 Ranger XLT 4 X 4 & I live in northern New England. A major winter storm will be approaching in a day or two & the roads become slippery at times. I hear a lot about not using the 4WD on...
6
6

[SOLVED] Removing drum brake springs
I have a 1990 Ford F150 pickup. That self adjuster cable is broke on the left side. I got the part and was going to change it today. I just found out that I cant get one of the upper springs off. I've...
5
5

GM's disaster CEO, Roger Smith, finally kicked bucket
The guy probably most responsible for the bad business decisions that tanked GM as a world leader in the auto business has died...Roger Smith, target of Michael Moore's widely viewed documentary,...
3
3

Scum Bag Lawyer Win Big in Explorer Rollover Case - Ford agrees to settle some rollover cases
It this wasn't so sad, it would be funny. When will we change the laws so scum scking bottom feederscan't get away with crap like this? Ford should be ashamed for paying off the crooked lawyers. As...
12
12

1999 contour flex plate
I am told I need to replace flex plate and starter, I hear a grinding noise, and sometimes must attempt to start the car 2 or 3 times. The dealer says this is around 1000 dollars, is this correct, and...
1
1

02 F250 autoheadlight problem
on the 02 F250 headlight circuit, the wiring diagram shows a "headlamp relay" and "microprocessor" as being part of the main light switch, in the line between the auto light switch and the sunload...

question on the 02 F250 auto headlights
on the 02 F250 headlight circuit, the wiring diagram shows a "headlamp relay" and "microprocessor" as being part of the main light switch, in the line between the auto light switch and the sunload...

sliding doors on my Windstar
I have a 2000 Winstar, and the sliding doors seem to hang up, and there are heavy duty scratches on the body slide area. How can I adjust the doors? HELP!! Thanx Doc =============================

2000 Excursion Heated Seats
hello all, I have a 2000 Ford Excursion Limited with heated leather buckets in front. The passenger side works great, but the drivers side does not work at all. The light comes on at the button on the...
3
3

ford taurus gas gauge
the gas gauge is flaky, up and down and the check engine light it on. it points to the gas gauge circuit, I would like to replace the gas gauge regulator before dropping the gas tank to replace the...
7
7

NOW i KNOW WHY!
e N-O-W, I Know Why !!!!! When a woman wears a leather dress, A man's heart beats quicker, his throat gets dry, he goes weak in the knees, and he begins to think irrationally. Ever Wonder Why? Because...
1
1

The chief of police cars
"The sporty upstart Dodge Charger is aiming to challenge Ford Motor Co.'s Crown Victoria as chief of police cars. Chrysler LLC's full-sized model that debuted in 2006 is no immediate threat to the...
53
53

Windstar 3.8 to 3.0L drivetrain swap
I just bought a Windbag with a 3.8; quebec van, doesn't appear to have the head gasket problem, but has 200K mi, and will likely need a drivetrain swap soon even if babied. I have my late dad's rotted...

Dirty Fuel Injectors???
My 93 GT would not start. The engine cranked, but that's it. The first two questions that came to mind were (1) Is there a spark, and (2) Is there fuel. To answer the first question, I shot some...
29
29