Subject Author Posted Replies

Attn: Backward Maniac
Dear Sir, It has been brought to my attention that you believe that you are in charge of the internet. That is *in fact* incorrect. When my husband, Mr. Trellis, passed away 2 years ago, he left me in...
2
2

OBD protocol
I just purchased a 06' Focus back in July and I was curious if the 2006 models were still OBDll or have they already gone to CAN protocol. If so I'am going to buy a newer code scanner or flash update...

OBD protocol
I just purchased a 06' Focus back in July and I was curious if the 2006 models were still OBDll or have they already gone to CAN protocol. If so I'am going to buy a newer code scanner or flash update...
1
1

2006 Expedition Transmission Fluid Change
Our 2006 Expedition is coming due for its 1st Transmission Fluid change. I have a Pickup truck (different make) where I do the transmission fluid change myself, so I want to go ahead and do it myself...
1
1

INFO ON POSTING TO THIS WEB FORUM
If you are seeing this, you are in contact with the newsgroup. There are several automotive professionals and knowledgeable amateurs on this NG who will try their best to give you good advice. But you...
3
3

Info: Note on Ford brake-line fittings
As mentioned frequently on here, Ford often uses different size fittings on brake lines to prevent assembly errors. In some cases the threaded body is different size; in others, just the 'nut-head'....
2
2

INFO: glossary of Ford EFI and Powertrain/chassis terms
This list is several years old, wont be complete but may help you decipher the jargon you need. Not meant to be complete, most terms encountered by non-pro's should be here. Jim Warman's additions...
1
1

Tip: Rusty Brake Lines, SAVING YOUR SANITY
Just replaced my second (different cars) rusty broken line in a month..what does that say about my life! :( Here's some good advice, I think. Forget Autozone and the like for parts.. they'll have the...
5
5

TIP: Before you replace that MAF
This is redundant or obvious to most readers on here, but we still see instances of folks writing about performance/driveability problems and saying they have already 'replaced the MAF' -usually on...

TIP: Easy Alternator refurbish
If your mid-90's Ford has run up it's mileage to about 100 - 150 kmiles or so, you might want to undertake a quick Saturday project that will probably save you big bucks -and inconvenience- in the...
11
11

ball ball joints or struts????
Have a 93 thunderbird lx w/88,000 miles..here are my symptoms: 1) when driving even at lower speeds 35 and below here a slight "rattle or clunking" noise. maybe even "popping" sound (not like a...
7
7

Re: Battery light on Taurus
From: "Ripcord" Subject: Re: Battery light on Taurus Date: Friday, November 09, 2007 7:43 AM If it were the battery terminals it would be more likely effect the starting of the car. With the...

Re: Battery light on Taurus
From: "Ripcord" Subject: Re: Battery light on Taurus Date: Friday, November 09, 2007 7:43 AM If it were the battery terminals it would be more likely effect the starting of the car. With the...

Battery light on Taurus
The battery light has started flickering on on my Taurus, a 99 with 140k miles. One would assume it's the alternator but, might it be the corroded battery terminals? If the alternator is going, is...
7
7

600 Horsepower Viper - Corvette threat???
To see the link go to on Classic and Collector CarsBill
1
1