Subject Author Posted Replies

WTH? 92 Taurus Wagon Check Engine Light
I was coming home from work tonight... about a 15 mile commute down the interstate. As I was rolling down the off ramp the car suddenly bucked for a second and the check engine light came on. It...
9
9

92 Cougar head question
I am repairing my daughters Cougar. Blown head gaskets cracked heads etc. I purchased some nice rebuilt heads from a dealer on Ebay. The heads are the same except for a small hole that connects the...

1994 Ford Explorer rust issue
I recently bought a '94 Explorer XLT with a lot of great options for $400 + $117 to fix the P/S....but I'd like to know from those who've owned them for a while...is it normal that the running boards...
1
1

Rack replacement Gen2 taurus
What is the easiest way to replace a rack and pinion unit on a gen 2 taurus? If you don't lower the sub frame, can you pull the unit out though the Drivers side wheel well? If the lower the sub frame...

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LTD Wagon 4 sale
I've got an '87 Crown Victoria LTD wagon..light blue. I took it to the gas station back in may, and after fueling, it wouldn't start, so it had to be towed home. The battery in it is still good,...

Linclon back fire problem
I have a 94 Lincoln Towncar and after a radiator replacement I have had a problem with the engine back firing at COLD start up. After less than 5 minutes it will run smoothly all day but the power...
5
5

2002 Explorer
Are the fuel ratings 15 mpg combined?
4
4

2002 Explorer with 3rd seat weigh more
I expect that these 3rd seats weigh more. How much do they weigh? significant for gas mileage?
6
6

No wonder health care costs are up
Ford will be buying these guys new livers soon. No wonder health care costs are up
1
1

Power steering pump run using Electric Motor
I am planning to install a second power steering pump for a Ford Econoline Superduty truck. This pump would run on an electric motor. I was thinking of using valves to bypass the original power...
6
6

Ford Reintroduces Model T Line That Made It Great
Ford Reintroduces Model T Line That Made It Great MI?Still reeling from a $12.6 billion loss last year and a steadily declining customer base, the Ford Motor Company announced plans Monday to invest...
2
2

The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

Ford still expects to sell Jaguar, Land Rover by early 2008
Ford still expects to sell Jaguar, Land Rover by early 2008 Motor Co. does not plan to retain a stake in its Jaguar and Land Rover brands once those properties are sold, according to Lewis Booth, the...

Ponderous Dealer Service for My Truck... wait until the warranty expires?
So at about 35,000 miles my A/C decides to quit on me, no cold air and the clutch is cycling on and off every five seconds or so. Figure a low charge due to a leak somewhere. The truck is a 2004 F-150...
3
3

Poor MPG on Escort 1.6 Zetec
I have a 1994 Escort 1.6L and have just recently decided to see how many miles I'm getting to the gallon. 85% of my travel is a 26 mile each way trip to my place of work. Over the past two weeks I've...
1
1