Subject Author Posted Replies

replace tensioner with serpentine?
99 windstar 115k, looks like its time to replace the serpentine belt. Should the tensioner be replaced as part of this maintenance? the local stores seem to carry the tensioners but for some reason...
5
5

99 windstar intermittent power window
99 windstar, driver side window has been randomly not going down for about a month. Its now been stuck for about 2 days, when I hit the switch I can hear a clicking sound. Sound almost sounds like its...

2000 Explorer roll over issue
Do I understand that in 2002 the Explorer was redesigned to be wider, with a lower center of gravity because of rollover issues in the previous models?
34
34

V8 Explorer vs V6 Explorer Fuel Economy
One expect better fuel economy on the 6cyl rather than the 8cyl in the explorer, but many trucks are 8cyl...I have no expierience with either engine, so I am looking for opinions.
1
1

3.8 radiator removal trouble
I need to replace the radiator in my '91 Mercury Sable 3.8. The car is on ramps & I've removed the radiator shield, hoses, & brackets, but I'm having difficulty accessing the cooling lines(two;...
7
7

3.8 radiator removal trouble
I need to replace the radiator in my '91 Mercury Sable 3.8. The car is on ramps & I've removed the radiator shield, hoses, & brackets, but I'm having difficulty accessing the cooling lines(two;...
2
2

5.8 high idle saga continued
I made it through the weekend, and yes, it is still doing the 1500rpm 65 second runup during startup. However, several times it started normally. The weather has been dryer here the past 3 days, so...
6
6

96 Escort LX Wagon: replacing rear seat belt
I need to replace the entire rear driver's side seat belt, including the assembly. I found this auction on eBay: anyone know if the rear driver's side seat belt and assembly from a 1998 Escort Wagon...

1951 Ford F-100
eBay Motors:
1
1

89 Mustang TFI Module ?
Hi - I am having problems with my 89 5.0 stalling in very hot tempuratures - from looking at some of the postings to this group I am seeing mention of the common problem being the TFI module on the...
1
1

Crown Vic Vinyl Top
My 86 LTD / Crown Vic has a full vinyl top, not the traditional Crown Vic half-top. Anyway, I want to take it off and go back to the standard metal roof. The top has deteriorated to the point where I...
6
6

93 tempo power windows
we got the car when my mother in law died, and i do not know how long this has been going on but: the front driver side window will not go down, the front passenger window will go up/down, and the...

2005 Ford Escape Fuel Filler Pipe Problem
Recently I have had problems filling the gas tank in my 05 Escape. I noticed that ther is no flapper cover on the inside. I'm not sure if there was one there before. I'm wondering if it broke off and...

2008 Ford Escape XLS FWD Manual
2008 Ford Escape XLS FWD Manual The News from Pricing Information MSRP: $18,580 Invoice: $17,588 Standard Engine:2.3L I4 , 16 valve, 153 hp @ 5800 rpm 5 speed manual transmission 24 mpg city / 29 mpg...
1
1

93 escort wagon-rpm issues
Got "free" wagon. Need it to pass emissions. Did wanna be tune-up (oil change, new air filter, plugs & wires, fuel filter, radiator flush'n'fill). Runs and idles fine while just sitting there,...
2
2