Subject Author Posted Replies

"Chicken of Thunders" fails to start (for 15 min.)
'94 Tbird LX V8 (66k mi.). Everything working fine for literally years. Pulled into a parking slot, unloaded trunk. Turned on ignition, idiot lites are OK, motor wont turn over. I figgered maybe Park...
19
19

Oxygen Sensor in 98 Ford Escort
My O2 Sensor is failing in my 1998 Ford Escort. Is this a simple thing to change? Any tips in changing it? Any help will be appreciated. - John
9
9

95 Explorer AC question
My wifes explorers AC only operates on MAX AC. It blows hot air when on normal AC. I've attempted to make sure that the freon is full and it is. When in the reg. AC setting, the compressor doesn't...
4
4

99 Taurus 3.0L OHV AX4N Right Halfshaft
Hi, Does anyone have any experience replacing one of these halfshafts. The inboard joint on the halfshaft is wobbly at the transaxle. I'm concerned about the output shaft or the bearing inside the...
1
1

Health care fix may be tough sell
Health care fix may be tough sell than creating a trust fund to handle all of the future health care obligations for Detroit automakers' hourly UAW members, upcoming labor talks between the union and...
1
1

Possible culprits behind intermittent headlight loss?
Have a '66 Fairlane wagon, the headlights will blank out after maybe 15 - 20 minutes on low beam. Turning the switch off for a few secs and then turning on will typically get them back on temporarily...
20
20

adjusting steering play 95 BroncoXLT
I want to tighten up the steering play in my Bronco. Is it as easy as it looks? From what I've read so far, you loosen the locking nut, then turn the screw IN a quarter turn, drive to check, then...
8
8

motor swap
i want to put the motor out of my 89 cougar which is a 3.8 into a 87 bronco 4x4 which had a 2.9. will i have any problems changing these motors out
3
3

ford escort 1999
have a question to anyone that knows about a ford escort a mech prob the card will not start its getting fuel and has fire on the plugs timing belt was changed the motor spins but will not start and...
2
2

About 2008 Ford Escape XLS FWD Manual
2008 Ford Escape XLS FWD Manual The News from Pricing Information MSRP: $18,580 Invoice: $17,588 Standard Engine:2.3L I4 , 16 valve, 153 hp @ 5800 rpm 5 speed manual transmission 24 mpg city / 29 mpg...

Big Three retiree benefits at risk
Big Three retiree benefits at risk care coverage for retired autoworkers will be in the crosshairs this summer as Detroit's Big Three seek to close a labor cost gap with foreign-owned auto plants in...
1
1

Working under a car gives me intestinal issues....
I notice that when I work under a car, it seems to give me gastrointestinal issues and even makes me a bit queasy. Could it be some kind of issue with coming in contact with grease/oil and fumes?
8
8

2000 Ford Taurus - wind shield fluid dispenser problem
Hi, when I try to use the wind shield cleaner, I can hear the pump operating but only a few drops of wind shield cleaner fluid comes out from the nozzle. The spray is so weak that it doesn't make it...
3
3

Too many dealers
Autoblog ..General Motors, Ford and Chrysler have far too many retail outlets relative to the number of vehicles they sell. A new study by CNW Marketing Research has now tried to quantify the dollar...
117
117

Taurus M85 (1998) and E85 (2005)
Hi, I am trying to find out some technical data for the Ford Taurus 1998 and 2005 (both FFV). The former used Methanol 85 while the latter uses Ethanol 85. I need to know the following information: -...
5
5