Subject Author Posted Replies

Question: 98 Windstar Transmission
I have a 98 Ford Windstar with a 3.8 engine. 14 months ago I had the tranny rebuilt. Now, when I am driving down the highway at 65 or 70 the tranny drops down into 1st and 2nd gear causing the engine...
1
1

Ford, GM, Chrysler sales down in March; Toyota, Mazda, Honda post big gains
Ford, GM, Chrysler sales down in March; Toyota, Mazda, Honda post big gains auto makers continued their 2007 trend, posting lower sales figures today for March compared to the same period last year....
15
15

Best selection is a "program" car
Your best bet is a low mileage used car, particularly a so-called program car. Make your selection and take it for a short road test, as the dealer expects any prospect to do. If you like the car,...
10
10

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Sure do - that's why they've been removed from current automotive spec oil. At least that's the official line.
3
3

Your dog is a greenhouse gas polluter
The Supreme Kourt has spoken. Carbon dioxide is now classified as pollution. It is a greenhouse gas. All greenhouse emitters are polluters. Your dog is a greenhouse gas emitter. Therefore, your dog or...

p0135 code, bad sensor?
My check engine light came on so I went Autozone to get the error code and it was p0135 which they said was a bad o2 sensor. It looked easy enough to replace myself so I did with one I got at...
1
1

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
What difference does it make where the molecules are extracted from to synthesize a lubricant? The advantage of synthetic is that it is a consistent engineered product with known, controlled structure...

ford focus battery problem
my hubby has a 2004 tdci 1.8 ghia focus, he works away for two weeks at a time and when he comes back the battery is flat we had a auto electrician look at it and nothing obvious was showing , the...
4
4

96 Taurus-- No Acceleration When Turning
My car will not accelerate when I?m turning left--the engine only revs. Once I straighten the wheel, acceleration is normal. I feel the car jerk once the wheel is straightened if my foot is still on...
2
2

87 E 150 fault codes # 12 & 41/ ref
6cyl. 300 4.9 o.h.v type:Y with a manual tranny 4spd overdrive. Went to get it smogged an failed .Mechanic told me it was either 02 sensor or egr valve checked egr and it opens and closes the egr is...
1
1

Best fords?
Hello! First posting here. Can anyone tell me what the best Ford(s) were? I looking for a reliable Ford and one that isn't high maintenance. It would be a plus if it had good gas mileage. If you could...
10
10

Ford Fuel Filter Clips
2004 Crown Victoria The plastic clips that secure the fuel filter to the fuel lines are unique (smaller than usual) and, according to my local Ford dealer, are not available for purchase (only...
4
4

a little off for some groups: 1989 Mazda 626 clacking from top of engine
I'm crossing this to Honda and Toyota because there are some sharp individuals in these groups, and also in the Ford group since this is a common engine among Fords, IIRC. The problem: 1989 Mazda 626....
44
44

87 E 150 fault codes # 12 & 41
They come up when doing the KOER test .Need to know what they are and what I can do to fix them ?
1
1

The Ford family's $581 million loss
The Ford family's $581 million loss (Fortune Magazine) -- What would you do if $581 million of your family's fortune had been vaporized in just 5 1/2 years? That's a question that Bill Ford and the...