Subject Author Posted Replies

if you're seatbelted,how can airbag decellerate you?
if you are wearing your seatbelt and crash, i am finding it hard to understand how driver and passenger airbags will improve survivability. if properly seatbelted you should be held in your seat and...
11
11

Gasoline prices ready to hit new high in S.F.
So much for Detroit and the Little Three chances for this year if this keeps up through the Summer Gasoline prices ready to hit new high in S.F. Francisco's surging gasoline prices stand poised to...
18
18

Re: Stop the old oil change arguments...here's the scoop
Or plastic body panels a la Saturn. Better yet, like the Fiero, TransSport, and Corvette.

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
wrote: In sump temperatures are lower than gallery temperatures in some engines due to the oil sump being the "oil cooler"

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
wrote: bad YOU cant read. What part of "I don't recommend them" do you not understand?????? Actually, I HAVE had the data to back it up. When I was Toyota service manager Toyota was recommending 5W30...

GM, Ford sales seen down in March as trucks falter
GM, Ford sales seen down in March as trucks falter Automotive News / March 30, 2007 - 9:52 am / UPDATED: 3/30/2007 4:17 P.M. DETROIT (Reuters) -- U.S. sales for General Motors and Ford Motor Co. were...
37
37

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
wrote: The "iron duke" was an extremely durable engine design. Old technology, yes. High performance? no. It was essentially the original Chevy II engine from 1964. Not above and beyond what is in the...
1
1

fusion vs camry
I am torn between the Toyota Camry auto 4 cyl and the fusion auto 4 cyl. Help
10
10

Re: Stop the old oil change arguments...here's the scoop
You guys must be good! I still have my first wife but, I can't remember the last time I was "on her." Lugnut

98 F-150 Severe Coolant Leak (cross posting to 3 groups for max coverage)
I have a friend that has a severe leak on the rear of her engine. I mean as fast as a water hose can put water into the expansion tank, it comes pouring out somewhere on the rear of the engine. Its a...
2
2

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
There's no evidence that currently recommended extended intervals will ever hurt you. I've seen dozens of vehicles that got 6000 mile changes all their lives and were still running like fine watches...

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Most, if not all, new car dealers make more profit from their service operations then from sales. The more often you can get people into the shop the more services you can sell them. If you look at...
2
2

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
And they don't make jap shit in Europe.

$100 per hour
I was curious if anyone thought it was reasonable to pay someone with a High School education two times more than a senior computer programmer? A unionized auto worker makes more than TEN average...
26
26

Re: Stop the old oil change arguments...here's the scoop
My buddy has 420,000+ Km on his Civic VX and he has not been a conservative driver.