Subject Author Posted Replies

94 Taurus Wagon AC Finally Took A Dump
Well, it finally happened: when I engaged the air conditioner yesterday for the first time, it started squealing almost instantly and then smoke started pouring out from under the hood a moment later....
9
9

'96 Ford Taurus Transmission Problem
Greetings, I have a '96 Ford Taurus with about 86k miles on it that has just developed a transmission problem. It's a V6/3.0L engine. It was a heavy snow storm not long ago and roads were horrendous,...

Heatshielding
Hello My Escort is loosing its heat shielding (UK Escort!) Its the bit above the Catalytic Convertor and it is hanging on bt two bolts. The metal has torn at the mouting, the bolts are still in...
5
5

Key fob costs over a hundred dollars
Those chip controlled ignition switches in the new car will set you back a bundle if you lose the remote key fob. At least $100 because its about $60 for the charm and $40 for the electronic...
52
52

Ford Escort 1994 1.6L Zetec Humming noise...
I have a very well maintained/looked after Ford Escort 1.6L. I've noticed that going from around 30 to 60 MPH there is a humming noise that sounds like it's coming from the engine somewhere. It also...
1
1

Ford recalls Super Duty trucks after tailpipe fires
Ford recalls Super Duty trucks after tailpipe fires (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said on Wednesday it was recalling over 37,000 of its new 2008 model-year F-Series Super Duty trucks after reported...
4
4

-93 Cougar - Drumming Brakes
Hi gang- My Cougar has been making noises when I stop. It's a drumming noise and is worse on a hard stop. I usually associate this type of noise with drum brakes but it sounds like it is up front...
2
2

Need help with lower balljoint on 1999 Grand Marquis
Coming out of Loblaws, while turning left, BANG!, lower balljoint just snapped (right side) 2:30 hours later, it's now sitting at a mechanic's. Lower arm seems fine, steering linkage and tie rods too....
10
10

Question about Ford Focus aftermarket radio...
As part of my stormchasing, I needed to replace the Blaupunkt in my 2003 US Ford Focus. I installed an old Radio Shack AM/FM/CD/ Weatherband; the deck had previously been in a 88 Ranger without any...
2
2

1994 Taurus sho steering problems
When i turn the car to the left around a corner the steering wants to stick and stay to the left and you must like muscle it back. Its a pretty weired thing and i was told it might be rack and pinion....
5
5

1994 dodge van-automatic trans-torque lockup problem?
Hi ! I have an old Dodge 1 ton van from 1994- has lots of miles on it and continuing its descent to beaterdom. Lately has had a hesitation in driveline at highway speeds - thought it was ignition but...
3
3

87 e150 won't start NEED HELP
Van just cranks an cranks did full tuneup getting gas . When I put a spark plug tester on it I get a orange color from the the spark from the tester be a violent one .Also, it's a new engine in it...
2
2

Toyota Pickup Scores Below-Perfect on Safety
Toyota Pickup Scores Below-Perfect on Safety New York Times 03/20/07 by Nick Bunkley c. 2006 New York Times Company DETROIT, March 19 -- Detroit's automakers are getting some help from the federal...
21
21

2000 Taurus Revs High in Neutral
When on Highway, if I slip it into neutral the rpms shoot up to 3k. Also when starting cold it revs high for at least 10 seconds then comes back to 1k. Any ideas.. Thanks
7
7

96 Ford PSD OBD??
Are they OBDII, and can you read engine codes with a regular reader? Al
3
3