Subject Author Posted Replies

Wish to remove auto-lock "feature"
I have just bought a used 1994 Ford Explorer. I find that when I put the key in the ignition, about 3-5 seconds after I move it to the ON position all the doors lock. Further, as soon as the ignition...
19
19

BYPASSING OXYGEN SENSOR--QUESTION FOR TOM A. ET AL.
I would like to bypass the defective oxygen sensor in my 1989 Ford Ranger 2.3. If I jump the signal wire out and signal return terminals on the computer, will the computer think the phantom oxygen...
2
2

'02 Explorer EB 4x4 problem starting
Hey all, This has sort of been covered before, but I can't find a definitive solution. I bought an '02 Ford Explorer EB 4x4 used, but in what appeared to be great condition. Well, the warranty is up...
6
6

1976 Mercury Grand Marquis questions
Hi all, I'm looking at buying a 1976 Mercury Grand Marquis. I've got a ton of good quality pictures and the car looks mint. The odometer max limit is 100,000 kilometers and it's currently reading...
1
1

Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL
I agree with you that the new Tundra ads are deceptive. That is not an issue. In my post I was trying to correct all the errors you made regarding Ford trucks. Apparently you did not bother to read my...
158
158

Where is the starter relay on my 1989 ford crown vic?
Please help?
1
1

Suggestion: Adjustable steering wheel
The old Jags had a telescoping adjustment steering wheel. This is more useful than the tilt steering wheel feature found on today's cars. A telescoping wheel allows you to slide the driver's seat...
27
27

98 Ford Ranger - Only High Fan Works
Hello I am having a problem with my 98 ford ranger, only the high setting of the fan works none of the other settings? Any idea's what I can check? Last year when I had my fan belt replaced, power...
6
6

Understanding Americans better than Detroit does
Understanding Americans better than Detroit does. Magazine) -- Two Tinny sedans left the port of Yokohama in August 1957, bound for California - the first exports from Toyota. The four-door clunkers...

Voltage regulator test?
Is there a reliable and practical way to test a Ford integral voltage regulator when it's off the alternator? Does it require a special tester? Thanks

Hooking up a Tach to a 1999 Panther
1999 Grand Marquis LS. It lacks a Tach. Since it's a C.O.P. system, I'm wondering if there are any aftermarket Tachs that can be hooked up to it, without using Ford's racing adapter. Since it has the...

$3.00 per gallon gasoline. Why is everyone so panicked?
At $3.00 per gallon gasoline is still not the highest price ever. If you adjust for inflation it is still about 10% cheaper than the highest reached in the mid-late 1970s. Not trying to make a...
113
113

Ford vehicles, parts
I found Ford auto parts for any vehicle on this website i stumbled upon. New, vintage, custom, ANY part for ANY vehicle!.!! I was very surprised. Go to I had to go through their sitemap to find it...

1994 ford crown victoria fuel pump
Just stalled out my ford vic with 4.6 liter motor. With ether it starts - is the pump on this car a common problem ,and is it worth doing on a car with 238K on it? Ran fine until now- any help is...
8
8

Replacing Ford Winstar Fuel Injectors
I want to replace fuel injectors in my 2002 Ford Winstar. Does anyone have any advice or printable service information? Thanks and much appreciation, John Antinora Long Island, NY USA