Subject Author Posted Replies

02 Taurus won't shut off
Last week the wife was out in the 02 Taurus. Tried to start the engine and would only run about two seconds and then quit. After a few tries and 20 minutes later, it started and ran fine. Yesterday,...
5
5

Ford's comeback effort still sputtering
Ford's comeback effort still sputtering DEARBORN -- Ford Motor Co. received more bad marks on its latest internal report card, but Ford Americas President Mark Fields told employees Wednesday that he...

Mercury Sable engine failure
My ex's 2001 Mercury Sable twin cam V6 engine bit the dust. Per the dealer, one or more cams on the right bank did not get lubrication. The cams were destroyed and the head was damaged. They are...
7
7

93 ford taurus has ruff idle and...
93 ford taurus has ruff idle for 5 min every time starts an ther is black soot on the muffler, also why does the check engine light come on after driving for a minute?
1
1

ford probe blinker
My driver side back blinker went out....front one is blinking pretty fast...so I replaced burnt out light and it still does not work..I am figuring it is the fuse but wouldn't it take all the blinkers...

Windstar group
Visit the New windstar website plus gogle group see the site at New windstar website Tech info, engine pics, manual plus more.

Information Gleaned from Domestic Content Labels
I am curious about the domestic content of various cars, so I stopped by a couple of car dealers last night to check out the domestic content labels. In 35 years of car buying, I never recall seeing...
75
75

headers
have a 1970 F100 pickup that has a 289 engine will 302 headers fit? thats all i can find for the truck since 289 was not
1
1

1996 Explorer power window problems??
My passenger side window on my Explorer has quit working. All other windows work, but my passenger quit yesterday. I would assume that since my other windows are still working, that it wouldn't be a...

1995 Ford Taurus 3.0L OHV Engine Valvetrain Issues?
A buddy of mine is working on a 95 Taurus with a 3.0L engine. He said the distributor wasn't turning, so he check the timing chain and the gear was broken so he replaced the gear and chain. He put it...
2
2

Lincoln experts- '92 Continental Executive
How important are the torsion spring retainers on the rear spindle pinch bolts? The manual says that these bolts are to be discarded when removed, which is a no-brainer since it appears that they tend...

ford motors
hello, i am having problems finding the motor i want. i have a 68 mustang fastback, and i am looking for a 351 or 390. but i dont know how to tell the diffrence between them is there any specific...

2005 Lincoln Navigator rear-seat DVD entertainment system
According to the owners manual the 2005 Lincoln Nav's rear-seat DVD entertainment system is able to play mp3 burned to media. I say media since it does mention that it will only work on specific types...

Dull/Foggy/Film covered Taurus headlights
Does anyone know of a product or procedure for cleaning that foggy dull film that seems to develope on taurus headlights. I've talked to other taurus owners and they all seem to suffer from the same...
7
7

FORD RANGER 2WD 5-SPEED 2.3 4CYL FUEL ECONOMY--ACTUAL DATA PLEASE
I would appreciate hearing from owners as to what kind of actual fuel economy they have gotten with these trucks...I'm only getting slightly better than 15 mpg. Runs fine, check engine light goes on...
6
6